OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
February 1 - February 5, 2016 www.myolph.com
· Monday, February 1--Corn dog, macaroni and cheese, cabbage, peaches, milk
· Tuesday, February 2--Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, February 3--Stuffed crust cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, February 4--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, February 5--Taco, salad, black beans, fruit, milk
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest. "I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia." Matthew 28:20
Virtue for the Month of February: Honesty - Being trustworthy and true.
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.
· Sunday, January 31--Kick Off Mass for Catholic Schools Week--10:00 A.M.(Teen Mass)
· Sunday, January 31--OLPH Open House--Following 10:00 A.M. Mass
· Sunday, January 31--NDHS Open House--1:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
· Monday, February 1--Spirit Day--Can wear OLPH Spirit Wear w/jeans
· Tuesday, February 2--Crazy Hat and Sock Day--(Regular Uniform)--Spelling Bee--2:00 P.M.--5th - 8th grade--Gym
· Wednesday, February 3--Red, White and Blue Day--Can wear Red, White and Blue w/jeans
· Thursday, February 4--Black and White Day--Can wear Black and White shirt, pants, dresses, or jeans
· Thursday, February 4--Girl Scouts--PLC--3:30 P.M.
· Friday, February 5--Virtue Mass--6th Grade--(Dress Uniform)
· Friday, February 5--Volunteer Brunch--After 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Friday, February 5--Annual 8th Grade vs. Faculty Volleyball Game
· Saturday, February 6--Chattigras--Chattanoogan Hotel
SCHOOL NEWS: Chatti Gras, Catholic Schools Week, OLPH Open House, NDHS Open House, Winter Daily Mass Notice and Monthly Lunch Menu
1. ChattiGras Tickets are now on sale for Chattanooga’s signature Mardi Gras event. Join us on Saturday, Feb 6, 2016, at the Chattanoogan Hotel for a wonderful Cajun plated dinner, dancing to the fabulous party band, Love, Peace and Happiness, silent auction, and casino! Don’t miss out! Proceeds benefit Chattanooga Catholic Schools (Notre Dame, OLPH and St. Jude) as well as the Chattanooga Deanery Operating Fund, providing tuition support for those in need. For information on sponsorship, to purchase tickets at $100 each, visit www.chattigras.com or drop by the school office. Get ready to laissez les bon temps rouler! WE NEED YOUR HELP SECURING ITEMS FOR OUR ChattiGras 2016 AUCTION! Our parents are a great networking tool for this event. You have a lot of ties within the community just from your school and parish families. Review your business, family and social contacts and see who might be willing to donate a product or service. We can use all sorts of items - from artwork and timeshare stays to ballet lessons and tax preparation services. Businesses that you know will love the exposure that our auction can give them and are just waiting to be asked! Contact Cissy West at email@example.com to have request letters and donor contracts (for tax deductibility) sent home with your student. We would like to have all items in hand by the last week of January to give us time to get them ready for ChattiGras on February 6. Not able to make it to ChattiGras? You can still support Catholic education in Chattanooga and get in on a bit of the fun by participating in the online portion of the ChattiGras auction! Beginning at 8AM on Thursday, February 4 and ending at 9PM on Tuesday, February 16, you can bid on a variety of items at https://www.biddingforgood.com/chattigras/. You will also be able to preview items that will only be offered at the live event. If you don't plan to get a ticket, you may want to find a bidding buddy who will be there!
2. Catholic Schools Week and Kick off Mass, 2015 celebration begins of Sunday, January 31, with a Kickoff at the 10:00 A.M. Mass. All students are encouraged to come with their families and to wear their school uniform. Help us celebrate the gifts that Catholic education brings to our families, our Church, our community and our nation!
3. OLPH Open House for new families and those interested in learning more about OLPH School will be on Sunday, January 31st following the 10:00 A.M. Mass. Gather at the end of Mass at the information table in Holy Family Hall (on the school-side of the Church) and we will travel together to the school for a casual information session followed by a tour. For more information, or to schedule a tour on a different date, contact Teresa Hennen at 423-698-3274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Winter Daily Mass Notice: If the school is closed due to inclement weather there will be no daily Mass. If school is delayed we will have Mass at the regular time. School closings and delays are announced on the 3 main news channels, parent alert and the OLPH Facebook page.
5. Monthly Lunch Menu, We are going to send out the lunch menu at the beginning of each month for the entire month. We will continue to post it weekly in Friday Fanfare but also, wanted it to be available for the entire month.
· Monday, February 1--Basketball--OLPH @ Berean--VG, 6:00--VB, 7:15
· Tuesday, February 2--Basketball--OLPH @ BCA--VG, 4:00--VB, 5:00
· Thursday, February 4--Basketball--Grace @ OLPH--JVG, 4:15--JVB, 5:15--VG, 6:15--VB, 7:30
· Friday, February 5--Basketball--Hickory Valley @ OLPH--EB, 4:30
· Boosters are able to take credit/debit cards both at the gate and for concessions. In this way, OLPH hopes to make attending home games easier for parents on the go.
· Reminder: All sports practices and games using the gym must be recorded by the coach on the master calendar in the school office. As other groups request use of the gym, we need to be sure it is available.
· The OLPH Rams basketball teams are gearing up for the 2015-2016 Season. We will be hosting many schools in our gym for games involving the 5th grade boys and girl's teams, the JV boys and JV girls teams and the Varsity boys and girls teams. We are asking our OLPH families for help with a few jobs that we need during these games. If you are able to help out by working in the concession stand or taking money at the door for entrance fees, you will be able to earn PIP hours for your work. You do not have to be a basketball parent to help out. We need for only parents of OLPH students to sign up (not older brothers or sisters).
Please use the link below to take you straight to the sign up sheet.
Catholic Schools Week Kickoff Mass: 10 am @ OLPH
· Students are encouraged to wear their uniforms. Choir may wear choir shirts.
· Open House for prospective students and families in school library after Mass.
· Students can wear OLPH Spirit Wear with jeans or their uniform.
· Spiritual Kickoff Rally 8:15 am in the gym.
· Students bring in canned food for OLPH food pantry. Presentation of food pantry items to St. Vincent de Paul Society
· Varsity Girls and Boys basketball teams play at Berean (6:00 & 7:15)
· Students may wear Crazy Hats and Crazy Socks with regular uniform.
· Spelling Bee at 2:00 for grades 5-8.
· NO HOMEWORK tonight & NO TESTS tomorrow!!!
· Red, White, and Blue colored shirts with jeans or Uniform
· Kindergarten will do prayer and Pledge of Allegiance during announcements on OLPH-1.
· Ice Cream Day at lunch in the cafeteria provided by Home & School.
· Flag ceremony and prayers for service members current and retired service members and their families. 2 pm in the gym.
· National Anthem to be sung by Isabella Gearinger.
· Black & White dresses, shirts, and pants may be worn. Blue jeans may be worn with B&W tops. Uniform to be worn if not in Black & White
· Students will make cards/ write letters for seminarians.
· Middle School participates in talk with Fr. Ray following Mass.
· Brunch for grades 5-8 in PLC with deanery priests.
· Notre Dame High School will bring pizza and t-shirts at lunch for grades 5-8.
· Grades 1-4 participate in a talk with Fr. Ray at 1:00.
· OLPH Basketball JV Girls, JV, Boys, Varsity Girls, & Varsity Boys host Grace academy (4:15, 5:15, 6:15, and 7:30)
· CSW All School Mass. 6th grade’s Virtue Mass: Honesty
· Mass Dress Uniform.
· Volunteer Appreciation Brunch in the cafeteria following Mass.
· 8th Grade vs Faculty Volleyball game @ 2 pm in the gym.
Saturday & Sunday
“OLPH Was There” Photo Safari
· Students are encouraged to wear OLPH Spirit wear to their home churches.
· Take a picture of yourself at church before/after Mass (not during) and email it to email@example.com by Tuesday to earn an Out of Uniform ticket for a day TBD.
· Students may choose to visit a different church.
· Family spirit wear pictures are always welcomed. The more the merrier!
· We are looking to include these pictures in various displays around OLPH (i.e. slide show on OLPH-1, posters, etc). If you do not want your picture included in these uses, please note that in your email submission.
We would like to extend an invitation to our OLPH parents and families to come join us in our celebrations occurring in the gym or in the church. OLPH is truly a family organization and we would like you to feel included. Please stop by our school office on your way in and sign our visitor sheet, get a name tag, and join in the fun.