OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
February 29 - March 4, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of March: Mercy - Caring for those who suffer.
"I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia." Matthew 28:20.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Sunday, February 28--Teen Mass--10:00 A.M.
· Sunday, February 28--3rd Sunday of Lent
· Thursday, March 3--Girl Scouts - 3:30 P.M.--PLC
· Friday, March 4--1st Friday--Virtue Mass--Kindergarten
· Friday, March 4--Stations of the Cross--5:30 P.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Winter Daily Mass Notice, Deanery Reconciliation Services, CRS Rice Bowl, Family Honor, 8th Grade Yard Sale, PDA AD, Yearbook Orders, and 2016-2017 School Calendar
1. Winter Daily Mass Notice: If the school is closed due to inclement weather there will be no daily Mass. If school is delayed we will have Mass at the regular time. School closings and delays are announced on the 3 main news channels, parent alert and the OLPH Facebook page.
2. Deanery Reconciliation Services:
St. Therese - February 29, 7:00 P.M. St. Mary - March 1, 7:00 P.M.
St. Stephen - March 3, 6:30 P.M. St. Jude - March 7, 7:00 P.M.
Sts. Peter & Paul - March 8, 5:30 P.M. Holy Spirit - March 9, 7:00 P.M.
St. Bridget - March 14, 6:30 P.M. St. Augustine - March 15, 5:30 P.M.
Our Lady of Lourdes - TBA Shepherd of the Valley - TBA
3. This Lent our school is participating in CRS Rice Bowl: a faith-in-action program that helps families experience Lenten spirituality by living in solidarity with people in need around the world. CRS Rice Bowls will go home with each student on Wednesday, February 17, 2016. We will be collecting CRS Rice Bowls at the end of Lent, Monday, March 21st & 22nd. Thank you for using CRS Rice Bowl with your family this Lent.
4. Family Honor: Family Honor at OLPH. Parents have you had “the talk” with your child? Do you know what you are going to say? Do you need some assistance getting the conversation started or just need opportunities to continue with success? Don’t worry…help is here! Join us at the OLPH Parish Life Center on Saturday – March, 19, from 8:00 – 4:00 for Real Love & Real Life. Parents this program is designed for you and your 7th or 8th grader. It will bring you together with other parish families to learn about love, life, chastity and God’s gift of sexuality. You and your child will have the chance to enhance your communication skills, discuss true worth, guidelines for future dating and lots more. Here, one parent shares what they liked most about the program, “It opened a door for me that wasn’t open before between my daughter and me. I definitely feel more comfortable and confident discussing chastity with her.” Real Love & Real Life is a fun, unique, interactive program presented by Family Honor, Inc. The deadline for registering is Friday, March 4th. Space is limited so register early online at www.familyhonor.org. There is no registration fee. For more information contact Patti Morrison at email@example.com.
5. 8th Grade Yard Sale: Its yard sale time again! Please help support our 8th grade class fundraiser and donate any items (big or small) to our yard sale on March 12th from 8:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. The yard sale will be located in the front parking lot. Weather permitting. There will be 2 drop off days located in front of the gym: Thursday March 10th, 8:30 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. - 4:30 P.M. and March 11th, 8:30 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. - 4:30 P.M. Thank you for your support.
6. OLPH Yearbooks: Yearbooks are now on sale. Forms are being sent home with students and are available in the School Office. Order deadline is May 6, 2016. Prices vary and checks should be made out to Lifetouch.
7. Personal Display of Affection: Support our school and recognize your student, post a Personal Display of Affection ad in the OLPH yearbook. Forms will be going home with students and are available in the School Office. PDA submission must be received by April 29, 2016. If you have any questions, please contact Carlene Evans at 622-1481 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting the yearbook.
8. 2016 - 2017 School Calendar: Please note that there is an error on the 2016 - 2017 School Calendar. Spring Break will be March 20 - 24, 2017. See the calendar below for the correct dates.
· The Catholic Football Skills Clinic and Camp is set for June 6-10, 9am -12pm. The camp is for rising 2nd through 8th graders. Please mark your calendar.
· Spring Sports are gearing up and starting to practice; Tennis, Softball and Baseball. Information regarding Track and Elementary Track will be coming soon. Go Rams!
· Monday, February 29--Macaroni and Cheese, roll, green beans, carrots, grapes, milk
· Tuesday, March 1--Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, March 2--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, March 3--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, tomato, pickles, cheese, milk
· Friday, March 4--Fish sandwich, french fries, cole slaw, fruit, milk
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.
87 Instructional Days in Fall
January 29-Feb. 3
Teachers Return-In-Service Day
Teacher In-Service Day
First Day of School
Labor Day (No School)
Fall Break (No School)
Christmas Break Begins
MLK, Jr. Holiday (No School)
Catholic Schools’ Week
Teacher In-Service Day (Faculty Retreat)
President’s Holiday (No School)
Holy Thursday (early dismissal)
Good Friday (No School)
Bishop’s Day (No School)
Regional In-service (Faith Formation)
Last Day of School
Memorial Day Holiday
Scheduled Administrative Days
Unscheduled Parent-Teacher Conf.
Scheduled In-service Days
No School Days
91 Instructional Day in Spring