OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
April 4 - April 8, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of March: Mercy - Caring for those who suffer.
"I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia." Matthew 28:20.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, April 4--Lost and Found--Cleaned Out
· Thursday, April 7--Girl Scouts--PLC--3:30 P.M.
· Friday, April 8--Virtue Mass--Spanish (All Grades)--8:15 A.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Yearbook Orders, PDA AD, Soup Labels, Lost and Found, Academic Awards, School Advisory Board and Catholic Charities 2016 Annual Dinner
1. OLPH Yearbooks: Yearbooks are now on sale. Forms are being sent home with students and are available in the School Office. Order deadline is May 6, 2016. Prices vary and checks should be made out to Lifetouch.
2. Personal Display of Affection: Support our school and recognize your student, post a Personal Display of Affection ad in the OLPH yearbook. Forms will be going home with students and are available in the School Office. PDA submission must be received by April 29, 2016. If you have any questions, please contact Carlene Evans at 622-1481 or email, email@example.com. Thank you for supporting the yearbook.
3. The Labels for Education program is shutting down after 42 years. Please submit any labels you have been collecting at home so that we can submit them. Our school receives credit to purchase items from their catalog for our school. We will collect from each class the week of April 4th - 8th. NOTE- these are not the same as Box Tops. Labels for Education are typically found on Campbell's soup products.
4. Lost and Found: We will be cleaning and sorting out the lost and found this week. Please check to see if any of the items are your child's. We will be sending what it not uniform items to Ladies of Charity and the unclaimed uniform items will be put in St. Cecilia's Closet. Deadline is Monday, April 4th.
5. Academic Awards: 5th Grade - Principal's List: Jordan Brownhill, John Gabbert, Elaine MacDougall, Denise Palacios, Tori Soutuyo, Levi Brown, Mickey Monahan, Sam Smith, Maggie Haimelin and Emma Pace. First Honors: Megan Lockhart, Lorelei Tinney, Stella Malecky, Harrison Gersch, Maizie Gillespie, Sean Greene, Sam Gribben, Tristan Mroz, Cal Brown and Ava Wright. Honorable Mention: Antonia Castleberry and Olivia Chauncey. 6th Grade - Principal's List: Ian Agbannaoag, Candace Brown, Kenzie Campbell, Ali Covey, Heidi Eckler, Landon McCallie, Edyn Webber, Warren Yap, Sophia John and Maddox Earnest. First Honors: Sam Bambrey, Ava Lindo, Giancarlo Malpartida, Victoria Smith, Alex Soard, Ty Dearing, Sophie Goetz, Drew Ingle, Christian Perez, Chloe Smith, Regan Wolf, Timbo Monahan, Collin Scalla, Hamilton Ta and Christina Todd. 7th Grade - Principal's List: Eric Alvarado, Morgan Hicks, MaiLynh Jensen, Sam Phillips, Annamarie Todd, Astrid Zuniga, Gwen Jimenez and Fran Palacios. First Honors: McKenna Brown, Maia Delaney, Ethan Fisher, Madison Lundberg, Autumn Riehl, Justin Schumacher, Alex Soutuyo, Elisa Alvarado, Kassidy Barta, Jackson Brownhill, Landon Cooling, Boston Eberly, Holden Gersch and Lyra Pala Wilgus. Honorable Mention: Ella Hodges and Sophie Romeo. 8th Grade - Principal's List: Saylor Brown, Carly Goetz, Jason Oliver, Anna Qualey, Brenna Scott, Bradley Summitt, Charles Hoang, Bernard Lisy and Rachel-Anne Scalla. First Honors: Sandra Flores, Isabella Lewis, William Meagher, Reeve Mullinax, Glory Perry, Valentina Rosellini, Lilly Schafluetzel, Ryan Signiski, Sloane Burgess, Dilon Farmer, Catherine Figueroa, Jane Anne Haywood, Michael Howard, Will Marsh and Cara Smith. Honorable Mention: Cole LeSar.
6. OLPH School Advisory Board is accepting applications for 2016-2017 Board openings. The School Advisory Board meets on a monthly basis (typically a Wednesday night at 6pm) and serves as an advisory board to the Pastor and Principal of OLPH School. The Advisory Board is an ideal way for parents to become more involved in the school and fulfills PIP hour requirements. Membership is open to parents of OLPH students, alumni of OLPH School, parents of alumni, and members of OLPH parish. Please prayerfully consider serving in this very important school ministry. Applications are available in the school office and due no later than Monday, April 11th. Questions – please contact Robert Jones @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Catholic Charities 34th Annual Dinner is scheduled for Thursday, April 21, 2016. The 2016 dinner will be held at The Chattanoogan Hotel and includes a cocktail reception followed by dinner. This event is the largest annual fundraiser for all Catholic Charities programs in the greater Chattanooga area. It brings together more than 300 people for an evening of fun and fellowship.
Notre Dame High School has partnered with the Atlanta Falcons for a FREE "Moms" football safety clinic on Wednesday April 20th beginning at 6pm. Former Atlanta Falcons football players will cover topics related to youth safety, concussions, and proper football techniques. This is a fun night out for moms with dinner being provided. For more information and registration go to atlantafalcons.com/momsclinics
· The Catholic Football Skills Clinic and Camp is set for June 6 - 10, 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. The camp is for rising 2nd through 8th graders. Please mark your calendars.
The Catholic Football Awards Dinner is set for Tuesday, April 12th, 6:30 P.M. at Brainerd BX, (4011 Austin Street, Chattanooga, TN 37411). Dress for players is coat and tie.
· Tuesday, April 5--MS Track Meet @ CCS--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 5--Tennis--OLPH vs Grace--Champions Club--4:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, April 6--Tennis--OLPH vs SJS--Champions Club
· Thursday, April 7--Catholic Baseball vs Boyd @ NDHS--5:00 P.M.
· Thursday, April 7--Catholic Softball vs Boyd @ Camp Jordan--4:30 P.M.
· Friday, April 8--Catholic Baseball vs TCPS @ TCPS--5:00 P.M.
· Saturday, April 9--Catholic Baseball vs CCS @ CCS--12:00 P.M.
· Monday, April 4--Corn dogs, macaroni and cheese, steamed cabbage, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, April 5--Chicken nuggets, roll, mashed potato, green beans, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, April 6--Stuffed crust pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, April 7--Hamburger, french fries, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, April 8--Chicken noodle soup, ham sandwich, crackers, fruit, milk
(Menu items subject to change due to availability.)
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.