OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
May 2 - May 6, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of May: Zeal - Being driven by an intense love for God.
"I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia." Matthew 28:20.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Sunday, May 1--Diocesan Adult Confirmation Mass--4:00 P.M.--Cathedral of the Sacred Heart
· Monday, May 2--Picture Orders Due
· Tuesday, May 3--Teacher Appreciation Luncheon--11:00 A.M.--PLC
· Wednesday, May 4--$1.00 Out of Uniform for Relay for Life.
· Thursday, May 5--VIRTUS Training--PLC--6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
· Friday, May 6--1st Friday--Virtue Mass--7th Grade
· Friday, May 6--May Crowning After 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Friday, May 6--Last Day for Box Top Collection
· Friday, May 6--Last Day to Order Yearbooks
SCHOOL NEWS: Yearbook Orders, Summer Camps, Diocesan Adult Confirmation Mass, PIP Hours, Nature's Place, Box Tops, Virtus Training, Relief in Ecuador
1. OLPH Yearbooks: Yearbooks are now on sale. Forms are being sent home with students and are available in the School Office. Order deadline is May 6, 2016. Prices vary and checks should be made out to Lifetouch.
2. Check out all the exciting possibilities that are available for your students this summer! Half-Day morning camps are available for students entering grades K-8. OLPH Summer Camp flyers are available at school.myolph.com or in the back of Church.
3. Diocesan Adult Confirmation Mass Bishop Stika will celebrate a Diocesan-Wide Confirmation Mass on Sunday May 1, 2016 at 4:00 pm at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Any adult (18 and over) who has had the sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, and Reconciliation, but has not been confirmed, can receive the sacrament on this date. Interested candidates should call their parish office for more information. Forms and information can also be found at http://dioknox.org/offices-ministries/christian-formation/adult-confirmation-2/. The application deadline has been extended. Rosters and baptismal certificates are due to Fr. Richard Armstrong email@example.com no later than April 25th. Please contact Fr. Richard if you have any questions.
4. The end of the year will be here before we know it. Please check your ParentsWeb account to be sure you have entered all of the PIP hours that you or your family members have worked. Invoices will go out in a few weeks for hours that your family lacks ($10 per hour). Hours worked by grandparents or others may be entered under the parent's name and a comment added with the name of the worker. You can review the requirements for the number of hours you need, and get instructions on how to enter by going to our website: http://school.myolph.com/resources/pip.cfm
5. Nature's Place is in need of a little TLC! Please plan to join us on Saturday, May 14 between 8:30 and noon to get our garden area ready for summer. If we get enough help, we may be tackling other parts of the campus, as well. Sign up at http://vols.pt/AuLNwC.
6. Keep Collecting those Box Tops! Our final collection date for the year will be Friday, May 6. This should give our volunteers enough time to do the counting to determine our winning grade. Prize TBD.
7. Virtus Training Session will be held on Thursday, May 5th from 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. in the PLC. Virtus training is required for any parent that chaperones field trips or dances, coaches sports teams or volunteers anywhere in the presence of students.
8. Ecuadorian Relief Effort Two major earthquakes hit Ecuador this week and have caused the deaths of hundreds of people and affected the lives of several thousand others, including friends and relatives in our own parish. Food, clothes and toiletries will be collected over the next two weeks and sent to the Ecuadorian Embassy in Atlanta where Delta Airlines has volunteered to ship the donations. The items can be placed in boxes in Holy Family Hall and in the entranceway. Needed items; tents, light cotton blankets, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, diapers, hand wipes, batteries, flashlights, garbage bags, water (1 l. bottles) baby food, can food and first aid supplies. Thank you, VdP.
· The Catholic Football Skills Clinic and Camp is set for June 6 - 10, 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. The camp is for rising 2nd through 8th graders. Please mark your calendars.
· It's Spring Football time at OLPH. All 5th, 6th and 7th grade boys interested in football are encouraged to participate in Spring Football. It is a great opportunity to see if football is for you. It is only 9 practices, and lasts three weeks. The first practice is next Tuesday (May 3rd) from 5:45 -7:15. The football locker room will be opened at 5:30. Equipment will be distributed at the first practice. We ask that all players provide their own practice pants and mouthpiece. Spring practices are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:45-7:15, the first three weeks of May. Catholic football provides a positive and fun environment where your son can learn skills and gain confidence. Join us if you are able.
· Monday, May 2--Elem Track Meet--OLPH @ St. Peters--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, May 3--Championship MS Track Meet--@ CCS--4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, May 5--Tennis--OLPH vs BB--Champions Club--4:00 P.M.
· Monday, May 2--Fish sandwich, french fries, cole slaw, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, May 3--Chicken nuggets, mashed potato, green beans, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, May 4--Taco pizza, corn, oranges, salad, milk
· Thursday, May 5--Hamburger, tri-tater, pickles, onions, cheese, milk
· Friday, May 6--Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, crackers, yogurt, milk
(Menu items subject to change due to availability.)
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.