OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
May 23 - May 27, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of May: Zeal - Being driven by an intense love for God.
"I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia." Matthew 28:20.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Sunday, May 22--Teen Mass
· Monday, May 23--AR Party for Grades 1 - 5
· Tuesday, May 24--7th Grade Growing in Grace Retreat--after 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Wednesday, May 25--Academic Awards--after 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Wednesday, May 25--NDHS New Families Night--5:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
· Thursday, May 26--Field Day
· Friday, May 27--Last Day of School--11:30 A.M. Dismissal
SCHOOL NEWS: Yearbook Orders, Summer Camps, PIP Hours,
1. OLPH Yearbooks: Yearbooks are now on sale. Forms are being sent home with students and are available in the School Office. Order deadline is June 3, 2016. Prices vary and checks should be made out to Lifetouch.
2. Check out all the exciting possibilities that are available for your students this summer! Half-Day morning camps are available for students entering grades K-8. OLPH Summer Camp flyers are available at school.myolph.com or in the back of Church.
3. The end of the year will be here before we know it. Please check your ParentsWeb account to be sure you have entered all of the PIP hours that you or your family members have worked. Invoices will go out in a few weeks for hours that your family lacks ($10 per hour). Hours worked by grandparents or others may be entered under the parent's name and a comment added with the name of the worker. You can review the requirements for the number of hours you need, and get instructions on how to enter by going to our website: http://school.myolph.com/resources/pip.cfm
· The Catholic Football Skills Clinic and Camp is set for June 6 - 10, 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. The camp is for rising 2nd through 8th graders. Please mark your calendars.
· It's Spring Football time at OLPH. All 5th, 6th and 7th grade boys interested in football are encouraged to participate in Spring Football. It is a great opportunity to see if football is for you. Spring football has 9 practices, and lasts three weeks. The first practice is next Tuesday (May 3rd) from 5:45 -7:15. The football locker room will be opened at 5:30. Equipment will be distributed at the first practice. We ask that all players provide their own practice pants and mouthpiece. Spring practices are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:45-7:15, the first three weeks of May. Catholic football provides a positive and fun environment where your son can learn skills and gain confidence. Join us if you are able.
· There will be an open gym for rising 6th-8th graders who are interested in playing basketball on Monday, May 23rd from 6:00 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. and on Tuesday, May 24th from 6:00 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.
· Monday, May 23--Hot dog, baked beans, cole slaw, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, May 24--Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, May 25--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, May 26--Field Day Lunch
· Friday, May 27--11:30 A.M. dismissal--no lunch
(Menu items subject to change due to availability.)
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.