OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
August 29 - September 2, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of September: Hope - Trusting in Gods loving plan.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, August 29--Vegetable plate, macaroni and cheese, mixed vegetables, roll, pears, cottage cheese, milk
· Tuesday, August 30--Chicken noodles, roll, green peas, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, August 31--Stuffed crust pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, September 1--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, September 2--Fish, cole slaw, tri-tater, oranges, milk
· Saturday, August 27--Middle School Dance--K of C--7:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
· Monday, August 29--Virtus Training--6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.--Holy Family Hall
· Wednesday, August 31--Cub/Boy Scout Recruitment Ice Cream Social--Cafeteria--6:30 P.M.--1st-5th grade
· Wednesday, August 31--8th Grade Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night--Brainerd Rd--5:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
· Friday, September 2--First Friday--4th Grade Virtue Mass
SCHOOL NEWS: Choo Choo Fest, Swimming. Middle School Dance, Labor Day Picnic K of C #610, Praying Parents, Labor Day Picnic K of C #6099, Development Office, Golf Tournament, and Volunteer Opportunities
1. Choo Choo Fest - Mark your calendars for a fun-filled day for our OLPH families. Saturday, September 24th OLPH Home & School will be hosting our 3rd Annual Choo Choo Fall Fest which will kick off with the Grand Ram Tricycle Race at 9:15am, continue with a fun festival with games, face painting, bounce houses, hungry hippo, inflated twister game and activities to appeal to a wide range of ages and will conclude with the Ram Walk and Choo Choo Bowl XXVI. This is going to be a fun Saturday which you won't want to miss! There are still sponsorship opportunities available if anyone is interested, ranging from $100- $500. Please email us at rams.Home.and.School@gmail.com with any questions.
2. Swimming - For those interested in middle school swimming, there will be an informational meeting at Notre Dame on Thursday, September 8th at 6pm in the Cafeteria. The swim team is only for students in grades 6 through 8. Previous swimming experience on any swim team is required. The season runs from October through January. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Danielson at email@example.com.
3. Middle School Dance - Get ready to get your "glow on" for our first middle school dance of the year! Come and dance to great music by DJ April Eberly, snack on some yummy sweets, and take a selfie at the selfie stop. August 27th, 7:00-10:00pm. Knight of Columbus Hall, 313 Sylvan Street, Chattanooga. OLPH and St. Jude school students only.
4. Labor Day Picnic #610 - It’s time again for a Chattanooga Tradition. The Knights of Columbus Council # 610 cordially invites you to attend our 74th Annual Labor Day Picnic and Family Outing on September 5th, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at Camp Columbus, Park Pavilion.
5. Praying Parents - Praying Parents uses an organized format to pray specifically for the children, teachers, parents, clergy and staff of our Catholic Schools. Prayers come directly from scripture, along with any intentions received. Please join us on Thursdays at 9:15 A.M. in Holy Family Hall to draw closer to God through prayer and fellowship.
6. Labor Day Picnic #6099 - Knights of Columbus Council #6099 – Labor Day Picnic for families on Sun, Sept 4th from 2-5pm at the KOC #6099 Council Hall located at 7615 Lee Hwy. Family fun includes Critter Corral Petting Zoo, large water slide, hamburgers, hot dogs and cold drinks. FREE for all families.
7. Development Office - Did you receive our Summer newsletter? OLPH school has qualified for a matching grant from the Osborne Foundation to purchase an additional iPad lab and associated professional development. If you can contribute, every donation - from the smallest to the largest - will be matched up to $11,000! Please help us grab every one of these dollars by sending your contribution check made out to the OLPH Annual Fund, or donate online at: http://preview.tinyurl.com/hxk4jl2.
8. Golf Tournament - Our School will be holding a Golf Tournament on Monday, September 26, to benefit the OLPH Annual Fund. Participants in the afternoon tournament will have a chance to play the beautiful, members-only Black Creek course, with lunch and registration beginning at 11 AM, followed by a shotgun start. If you, your company, or someone you know, would be interested in registering for or sponsoring this event, please direct then to our website school.myolph.com/support/golftournament for forms and information, or contact Gabe Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Cissy West at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering to help with this event.
9. Volunteer Opportunities - If you plan to volunteer in the presence of our students (including class parties, field trip chaperone, etc.) you will need to fill out a Volunteer packet (available in the office) and attend Virtus training. To check the availability of upcoming sessions and sign up for one, go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list.cfm?theme=0 and search for "Knoxville (Diocese)." Virtus training will be held in Holy Family Hall on Monday, August 29, 6 - 9 PM. The next nearby session in Spanish will be at St. Bridget's Parish in Dayton on Saturday, September 10. Contact Cissy West for more information, or to request the addition of another session at a time that works for you.
· If you are available on Wednesday afternoons from 2:30-5:30 (even a portion of this time), you are needed to help with Makers' Club! This term the kids in grades 4-8 will be learning, building, programming and preparing for competition in First Lego League. Must be Virtus trained. Contact Cissy West at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
· Need to get in a few PIP hours from home? Check in the Development office for instructions on entering codes on My Coke Rewards to be donated to the school. We will supply the bottle caps, approximately 20 minutes per week.
· The Scrip team could use a few more volunteers! If you are detail oriented, comfortable learning the software and are available Tuesdays from 8-9:30 and/or Thursdays 2-Dismissal or Friday mornings come and see Cissy West in the Development office.
· Monday, August 29--Volleyball Game--Brainerd Baptist @ OLPH--Elem, 4:30 P.M
· Monday, August 29--Volleyball Game--OLPH @ Christian Heritage--JV, 4:30 P.M.--V, 5:30 P.M.
· Monday, August 29--Cross Country Meet--Woodland Park Baptist--4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, September 1--Catholic Football--OLPH @ TCPS--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, September 1--Volleyball Game--Bright @ OLPH--Elem, 4:30 P.M.
· Friday, September 2--Volleyball Game--OLPH @ Berean--JV, 4:30 P.M.--V, 5:30 P.M.
· Calling All Soccer Players! We need Elementary School and Middle School Girls and Boys who are interested in playing Soccer this fall to sign up ASAP! We are trying to field both a Girls and Boys middle school team and an elementary (Coed) team if we can. We need at least 11 players per team for middle school or we combine the middle school kids into one Coed team. If we have any interested parents who would like to help with the elementary team let Coach Leath know. Practice can start Sept. 26 and the game schedule starts October 6th. It's a short season and will finish up the week of November 15th!
Forms are available outside the school office.
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.