OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
October 3 - October 7, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of October: Studiousness - Seeking knowledge to grow closer to truth.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, October 3--Hot dog, potato salad, baked beans, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, October 4--Chicken noodles, green peas, cottage cheese and fruit, milk
· Wednesday, October 5--Stuffed crust pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, October 6--Hamburger, french fries, fruit, pickles, onions, cheese, milk
· Friday, October 7--No lunch--No school--Diocesan In-Service
· Saturday, October 1--Boy Scout Fishing Derby @ Lake Junior
· Sunday, October 2--NDHS Open House.
· Tuesday, October 4--St. Francis of Assisi--Blessing of the Animals--2:30 P.M.--Football Field
· Tuesday, October 4--NDHS 8th Grade Parent Meeting--5:30 P.M.--School Library--Admissions Process
· Wednesday, October 5--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Wednesday, October 5--Scout Den Meeting--Wolves
· Thursday, October 6--Tour de Mary--2:00 P.M.
· Thursday, October 6--Girl Scout Meeting
· Friday, October 7--End of 1st Quarter
· Friday, October 7--No School--Diocesan In-Service
SCHOOL NEWS: House Numbers, Chili Cook-Off and Craft Fair, Regional Middle School Conference, Trunk or Treat, Ladies Bible Study, and Challenge Island
1. House Numbers - Cognitio-- 2439 Caritas--2530 Ministro--2968
2. Chili Cook-Off and Craft Fair - The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is currently seeking the area's best chili makers and vendors to participate in our inaugural Chili Cook-off and Craft Fair being held on October 29th.
3. Middle School Conference - The Diocese of Knoxville is very excited to offer the middle school grades 6th-8th a Regional Middle School One Day Conference called "Holy Fire" at the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge, TN on November 12th! It is being brought here by the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry. I have sent a FAQ sheet, schedule and registration information home with your middle school students. This is such a great opportunity for them or for you all as families! Please take time to read over and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Donna Jones at 423-622-7232 or email@example.com
4. Trunk or Treat - OLPH's - NEXT BIG EVENT - Trunk or Treat is Oct 29th - 6:45 - 9:00 after Mass. An email will be going out this week to all who signed up at registration to volunteer along with all of last year's volunteers. If you would like to be added to the email list please email Jennifer Flowers firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is a lot of fun each year. YOU and the KIDS will have a ton of fun, candy, games, food. Look for future information in Friday Fan Fare's and OLPH Face Book page - Don't miss the fun!!!
5. Ladies Bible Study -OLPH Ladies Bible will start up again on October 20th with Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom. This is part of the Great Adventure series of Bible Studies by Jeff Cavins. Join us as we learn how Christ’s Kingdom on earth is empowered to carry out his work in the world. The cost of the workbook is $33. We will meet for 20 sessions on Thursdays at 10AM in Holy Family Hall. Please contact Maria Mantel at email@example.com by October 10th to reserve a book.
6. Challenge Island - After school STEAM Enrichment with Challenge Island - Tuesdays after Fall Break Challenge Island is a one-of-a-kind enrichment program on the cutting edge of S.T.E.A.M. education and 21st Century Learning. We take children on a unique “island” adventure where they work in collaborative tribes to take on various STEM/STEAM challenges using only the materials in their treasure chest and their creativity. Starting October 18th, our enrichment adventure takes place on Hollywood Island! Roll out the red carpet! Our STEMtastic tribes will take on challenges at star-studded destinations including Wicked Witch Twist, Wizardry Academy, and Dinosaur Park. Hollywood Island promises to be a blockbuster hit so be sure to get your seat soon! For more information and registration, please visit:
· Saturday, October 1--Catholic Football--St. Rose @ OLPH--2:00 P.M.
· Thursday, October 6--Catholic Football--CCS @ OLPH--5:00 P.M.
· Thursday, October 6--Elem Soccer Game--Silverdale @ OLPH--Elem, 4:00 P.M.
Knights of Columbus Council #6099 to Sponsor Youth Soccer Challenge Competition - All boys and girls ages 9 – 14 are invited in the local level of completion for the 2016 Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge. The local competition will be held on October 22, 2016, 2:00 P.M. (change of date) at the OLPH soccer field (505 South Moore Road). The Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge is sponsored annually, with winners progressing through local, district and state competitions. International champions are announced by the K of C international headquarters in New Haven, CT, based on scores from state-level competitions. All boys and girls 9 to 14 years old are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age divisions. All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. For entry forms or additional information, contact: Marco Salenda, Youth Director, Council #6099, (423) 509-5124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Catholic Rams football team takes on Saint Rose this Saturday (October 1st) at OLPH. Kick-off is 2pm. Saint Rose is a Catholic school out of Murfreesboro, TN, with an enrollment of over 400. Please come out and cheer on the 9-0 Rams as the team is working on its second consecutive unbeaten season.
· Congratulations to all the cross country team. They finished their season at the championship meet. Our Elementary Boys team ended up taking second place for the season while the Middle School Girls team took home the FIRST PLACE trophy! Special congratulations to these runners that earned individual medals:
Matthew Gabbert - 2nd place in the 3rd grade boys division
Lucas Johnson - 3rd place in the 4th grade boys division
John Gabbert- 3rd place in the 6th grade boys division
Tristan Mroz- 4th place in the 6th grade boys division
Tori Soutuyo- 1st place in the 6th grade girls division
Elisa Alvarado-1st place in the 8th grade girls division
Anna Marie Todd-4th place in the 8th grade girls division
Kassidy Barta-5th place in the 8th grade girls division
Coach Ingle, Coach Stovall and Coach A are so proud of the whole team and all the hard work that they put in to this season!
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.