OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
October 31 - November 4, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of November: Humility - Accepting your limitations and God-given talents.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, October 31--Hot dog, baked beans, cole slaw, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, November 1--Spaghetti, garlic bread, applesauce, salad, milk
· Wednesday, November 2--Taco pizza, black beans, oranges, salad, milk
· Thursday, November 3--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, tomato, cheese, milk
· Friday, November 4--Fish, roll, corn, cole slaw, jello, milk
· Saturday, October 29--Chili Cook-Off and Craft Fair.
· Saturday, October 29--Trunk or Treat
· Tuesday, November 1--All Saints Day--All School Mass--(1st - 4th can dress up)
· Wednesday, November 2 --All Souls Day
· Wednesday, November 2--$1 Out of Uniform
· Wednesday, November 2--Den Meeting--Tigers
· Thursday, November 3--Girl Scout Meeting--Holy Family Hall--3:30 P.M.
· Friday, November 4--1st Friday--8th Grade Virtue Mass
· Saturday, November 5--NDHS Admissions Test
SCHOOL NEWS: House Numbers, Chili Cook-Off and Craft Fair, Trunk or Treat, Scout BBQ Sale, Parent Volunteers and Thanksgiving Lunch
1. House Numbers - Cognitio--699 Caritas--685 Ministro--609
2. Chili Cook-Off and Craft Fair - The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is currently seeking the area's best chili makers and vendors to participate in our inaugural Chili Cook-off and Craft Fair being held on October 29th.
3. Trunk or Treat - One Week until Trunk or Treat!! October 29th--Make Sure to mark your calendars to attend this fun event. Volunteers - Slots are filling up fast, please contact Jennifer Flowers at email@example.com if you would like to volunteer to help or would like to have a car, truck, or tent or want to set up this year to pass out candy. The more volunteers the more fun the kids will have! Trunk or Treat starts at 6:45 P.M. after 5:30 P.M. Mass and ends at 9:00 P.M. Please help Home and School supply this event by donating a bag of candy for Trunk or Treat. You can drop off at the school office or to your child's classroom.
4. Boy Scout Troop 115 BBQ Sale - OLPH Boy Scout Troop 115 BBQ Sale! Sunday, November 6th. Beginning after the 8:00 Mass. Reserve your BBQ today. Text your order to 423-421-1984 or email your order to Dan@DanGriess.com. Whole pulled pork butt injected, rubbed and smoked and pulled, served hot in aluminum 1/2-pan covered ready to go - $45 or by the pound for $15. Smoked under the watchful eye of the award winning Owls Nest BBQ Competition BBQ Team. 8-9 pounds butts will feed 12-14 people. A pound of BBQ will feed 4-5 people. We will have your order ready for pickup after all Sunday morning masses. Let us know what mass you want to pick up after and we’ll have it ready! Reserve yours today!!
5. Parent Volunteers - Teachers will be receiving the list of parents from each grade who are Virtus trained and background checked for chaperoning upcoming field trips and parties. If you have not completed the necessary training and paperwork, you will not be able to volunteer in the presence of our students. If you have done the training, but we do not have all the necessary paperwork in our files to show it, you may be asked to send in a copy of your Virtus certificate or fill out additional paperwork. Please be patient with us as we work to ensure the safety of all our students. If you still need to sign up for Virtus, the next currently scheduled classes in our area are St. Augustine Church (Signal Mountain) on Thursday, November 3, 2016, at 6:00 PM and St. Bridget Church (Dayton) on Saturday, November 19, 2016, at 9:00 AM. Sign up by going to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_0.cfm?theme=0 and searching Knoxville (Diocese). You may volunteer for 30 days if you have completed the paperwork and are signed up for an upcoming Virtus class. If you are in need of a class at a different time or day, please contact Cissy West.
6. Thanksgiving Lunch - Our Thanksgiving Lunch will be on Thursday, November 17th. All reservations must be in by Friday, November 11th. Lunch times will vary so please check with the school office for your child's lunch time. Please call school office - 622-1481 to make reservations. Price for adults is $6.00 and $4.00 for children. Milk is included in the price and water is available for a $1.00 extra.
· Monday, October 31--Basketball Open Gym--6:00 P.M.--7:30 P.M.
· Monday, October 24--Elem Soccer Game--Brainerd Baptist @ OLPH-- 4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, November 1--Basketball Open Gym--6:00 P.M.--7:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, November 1--.Soccer Game--Silverdale @ OLPH--MSG--4:30 P.M.
· Wednesday, November 2---Soccer Game--Grace @ OLPH--MSG--4:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, November 2--Swim Meet--Baylor--5:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, November 3--MSB--Patriots @ OLPH--TBA
· Thursday, November 3--Elem Soccer Game--OLPH @ Normal Park--4:00 P.M.
Monthly Newsletter coming! Look for it! This will be located on myoplh.com website under Parent Resources. The Home & School Connection, grades PreK-5th, and the Middle Years, grades, 6-8, offer tips for “Working Together for School Success.“ Occasionally, articles about timely topics will pop up. Your feedback is welcome!
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.