OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
November 28 - December 2, 2016 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of December: Patience - Waiting or enduring without complaint.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, November 28--Sloppy joe, baked beans, pasta salad, oranges, milk
· Tuesday, November 29--Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, November 30--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, December 1--Hamburger, tri-tater, pickles, cheese, fruit, milk
· Friday, December 2--Chicken noodle soup, turkey sandwich, chips, yogurt, milk
· Sunday, November 27 --1st Sunday of Advent.
· Wednesday, November 30--School Advisory Meeting--School Library--6:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, November 30--Den Meeting--Bears
· Friday, December 2--1st Friday--1st Grade Virtue Mass
· Friday, December 2--Pep Rally
· Saturday, December 3--Breakfast with Santa
· Saturday, December 3--Book Fair--School Library
· Saturday, December 3--Middle School Dance
SCHOOL NEWS: House Numbers, Drive, Daddy Daughter Dance, Breakfast with Santa, Middle School Dance, Book Fair and Advent Reconciliation Services
1. House Numbers - Cognitio-- Caritas-- Ministro--
2. Daddy Daughter Dance - OLPH School presents the 1st annual Daddy Daughter Dance on Saturday, December 17th in the OLPH gym from 6:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. Light refreshments, finger foods, dancing and a DJ included! Girls from Pre-K through 8th grade are cordially invited to a magical evening. Girls may be escorted by Dad, Grandpa, Uncle, etc. Photo Keepsake included! It’s going to be a really special evening. We hope you can join us! Tickets are $25 per couple with a maximum of $35 per family. Invitations will be going home soon with a sign up deadline of December 1st. Any questions, please contact Kelly Petrin.
3. Breakfast With Santa - BREAKFAST WITH SANTA - This OLPH annual family event is scheduled for December 3, 2016. The first picture sitting is at 7:00 am and the last picture sitting is at 11:00. Breakfast will be served beginning at 7:30 am. The price is $10 per person or $50 maximum per family. This includes a full breakfast buffet, crafts and games in the gym and your families picture with Santa along with full rights to the pictures and a 4x6 printout of your picture. Your designated sign-up time is when you are to get your picture made. Breakfast can be eaten anytime between 7:30am-11:00am. Below is the link to sign-up for your designated picture spot, breakfast spot or volunteer time. There is room for 63 families so please signup. There are also spots to sign-up for volunteering the night before or the day of. You do get PIP hours for this. If you would like to volunteer, sign up on the Volunteer spot link below. http://signup.com/go/pi8s7m
4. Middle School Dance - Middle School Winter Dance! Come out for a magical evening at the Covey Creek Farms! Dress to impress in your best semi-formal attire. Enjoy dancing and light refreshments. December 3rd, 7:00 to 10:00. 2855 Cloud Springs Rd. Rossville, GA. Cost for this dance will be $12.00.
5. Book Fair - The Scholastic Book Fair is a great event that students always look forward to! It is also a great fundraiser to provide new books for our library. Set-up will be on Thursday and Friday, December 1-2 and the Book Fair will be open during Breakfast with Santa. Students will be able to visit during the school day and after school December 5-8. If you can help with set-up or sales or with take-down on December 9, please sign up! http://signup.com/go/rYVtfP
6. Advent Reconciliation Services - December 1, OLPH - Celebrated with the Children - 6:00 P.M., December 1, St. Catherine - Copperhill, TN - 6:00 P.M., December 5, St. Bridget - Dayton, TN - 6:30 P.M., December 6, St. Mary - Athens, TN - 7:00 P.M., December 7, Holy Spirit - Soddy Daisy, TN 7:00 P.M., December 13, St. Stephen - Cha, TN - 6:00 P.M., December 13, Lady of the Lourdes - 6:30 P.M.(CT), December 15, St. Therese - Cleveland, TN - 7:00 P.M., December 15, St. Augustine - Signal Mountain, TN - 7:00 P.M., December 19, Sts Peter and Paul - Cha, TN 5:30 P.M., December 20, St. Jude - Hixson, TN - 7:00 P.M.
· Monday, November 28--Practice for Basketball Starts
· Monday, November 28--Swim Meet--McMinn @ Athens YMCA--5:30 P.M.
· SPIRIT WEAR WEBSITE IS NOW OPEN!!! Basketball apparel and OLPH athletic wear is ready. Great Christmas gifts! It will be in and delivered before kids dismiss for break. Please support the athletic program and check it out.
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.