OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
January 30 - February 3, 2017 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of February: Cheerfulness - Looking on the bright side.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, January 30--Corn dog, macaroni and cheese, cabbage, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, January 31--Chicken nuggets, roll, green beans, mashed potato, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, February 1--Stuffed crust pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, February 2--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, milk
· Friday, February 3--Baked potato, broccoli and cheese, grapes, milk
The Foundation of the Catholic School
"Christ is the foundation of the whole educational enterprise in a Catholic school. His revelation gives new meaning to life and helps us to direct our thoughts, action and will according to the Gospel, making the beatitudes the norm of life. The fact that, in their own individual ways all members of the school community share this Christian vision makes the school "Catholic". The Catholic School, #34
· Sunday, January 29--Kick Off Mass For Catholic Schools Week--10:00 A.M.
· Sunday, January 29--NDHS--Open House
· Monday, January 30--Kick-Off Prep Rally--8:15 A.M.
· Tuesday, January 31--House Prayer Breakfast--7:30 A.M.
· Tuesday, January 31--Spirit Day
· Tuesday, January 31--Talent Show--2:15 P.M.--Gym
· Wednesday, February 1--Red, White and Blue Day
· Wednesday, February 1--Science Fair
· Thursday, February 2--Black and White Day.
· Friday, February 3--1st Friday--6th Grade Virtue Mass
· Saturday, February 4--Middle School Retreat
SCHOOL NEWS: ChattiGras, Catholic Schools Week, Knights of Columbus #6099 Dinner and Dance, Family Honor, Bricks 4 Kidz, Spelling Bee Winners, Coke Rewards and House Numbers
1. ChattiGras - Join us on Sat, Feb 25, 2017 7:00 pm at The Chattanoogan for Mardi Gras, Chattanooga style! Chattigras 2017 is a wonderful way to reconnect with our Catholic Community while Benefiting Chattanooga Catholic Schools – Notre Dame, St. Jude & OLPH. Enjoy a Plated Dinner, Valet Parking and Coat Check, Dancing to the music of The Malemen, Casino Games, Auction and Neux to Teux fun! TICKETS GO ON SALE JAN 6 FOR $100. Order at chattigras.com, call or come by the Development Office. SPONSORSHIP opportunities with reserved TABLES OF 10 are available. PLEASE BRING IN YOUR ITEMS FOR THE AUCTION ASAP!! Can you help us? Gift certificates, vacation rentals, home décor - please donate and help us help our schools! Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
2. Our Catholic Schools Week, 2017 celebration begins on Sunday, January 29 with a Kickoff at the 10:00 Mass, students are encouraged to wear their school uniform to their home parish. A list of the events, are as follows: Monday, January 30th--"In Our Community"--Out of uniform if you wore your uniform to Mass on Sunday--8:15, Pep Rally in the gym. Tuesday, January 31st--"Celebrating Students"--OLPH spirit wear and jeans--2:15, Talent Show. Wednesday, February 1st--"Celebrating the Nation"--Wear red, white and blue w/jeans--Donuts sold during morning drop off--Special snack provided by Home and School--Students will make cards of support for our local politicians--1:30 gather around the flag pole to pray for our nation. Thursday, February 2nd--"Celebrating Vocations"--Wear black and white w/jeans--Priests share their stories with students--2:45, Gather in the gym to assemble Woodmore snack bags--Students make Valentine's for BVMs. Friday, February 3rd--"Celebrating Faculty, Staff and Volunteers"--Wear dress uniform--Eucharistic Adoration after Mass--9:30, Volunteer Brunch--Students deliver snacks to Woodmore--2:00, Faculty vs. Students, games in the gym.
3. Knights of Columbus #6099 Valentine Dinner and Dance - The Knights of Columbus #6099 will sell Valentine's Dinner and Dance tickets for $30.00 per couple or $15.00 per person at OLPH on Thursday, January 26th from 7:45 A.M. - 8:15 A.M. A table will be set up in the hall outside of the first grade classrooms. Event is Saturday, February 11th at 7:00 P.M. Band is Chattanooga's Party Band, "The Beaters" and will be held at St. Stephens Catholic Church in the Parish Hall. It is being catered by El Meson. The ticket covers dinner and dance. Proceeds benefit the mentally challenged. Also, selling raffle tickets for $10.00 per ticket for a chance to win up to $1000.00.
4. Family Honor - Save the Date: Family Honor Real Love & Real Life, Saturday, April 1st 8:30 - 3:30. Sponsored by: Sugar & Spice, OLPH School Community. For 8th grade students and their parents (Counts for Confirmation Retreat). Mature 6th & 7th grade students are welcomed with their parent. For more information and registration go to www.familyhonor.org. Contact Patti Morrison at email@example.com if you have any questions.
5. Bricks 4 Kidz - It's not too late to sign up for Bricks4Kidz! Your child’s learning doesn’t need to stop when the bell rings. At Bricks 4 Kidz™ we believe it’s important to tap into a child’s potential by encouraging their curiosity and creativity in and out of the classroom. Our fun-filled model plans designed by engineers and architects teach children to learn with LEGO™ Bricks. Sessions are on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 in Mrs. Monahan's classroom, and the unit is Amazing Animals! Children who love creatures are sure to be delighted. We’ll be building models of snakes, insects, mammals and more. Each week we’ll discuss fascinating facts about the animals we build, from the chameleon that changes colors to the seal model that waddles across the table. Students will love these moving models that celebrate the wonders of the animal kingdom. Register Today at Program costs will be prorated according to when your child begins the program.
6. Spelling Bee Winners - Congratulations to the Spelling Bee Winners. 1st Place - Nick Gass, 6th Grade, 2nd Place - Ian Abannaoag, 7th Grade and 3rd Place - Maddy Lundberg, 8th Grade. They will go on to compete in the city wide bee.
7. Coke Rewards - For anyone who has been donating Coke rewards points to the school, the My Coke Rewards program, in its present form, will be ending on March 22. That will be the last day to enter codes, and June 30, will be the last day to spend (donate) them. We are not sure what the new program rolling out will look like, or if we will still be able to redeem the points for cash for our school. We will keep you posted, as more information becomes available. If you have points to enter or donate, please do so before these deadlines!
8. House Numbers - Ministro - 626, Cognitio - 438, Caritas - 905
· Sunday, January 29--Knoxville Middle School Swim Championship @ UT
· Tuesday, January 31--Basketball Game--Grace @ OLPH--ELG--4:30, ELB--5:30, VG--6:30, VB--7:30
· Congratulations to the Ram Swimmers who competed in the Baylor Middle School Championship over the past weekend! Savina Jones, Maia Delaney, Giancarlo Malpartida and Stella Malecky swam their best times in a highly competitive meet.
· It's that time for SPRING SPORTS! I know we are only half way thru the winter season but we have to move into Spring Time thinking. If your child is interested in JV or Varsity Boys Baseball, Middle School Tennis (Boys and Girls), Middle School Golf (Boys and Girls), Middles School Track (Boys and Girls) or Elementary School Track (Boys and Girls) please send in a Sports Sign Up form with a $60 registration fee (Booster Club member) or a $75 (non-booster) check to the main office. We will see who and how many are interested and start to build our Spring Sports Season.
Registration will be open from February 6-17th. Sports sign up forms can be found on the school website under the Athletic tab.