OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
May 1 - May 5, 2017 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of April: Diligence - Doing your best and working hard until you are finished.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, May 1--BBQ sandwich, baked beans, cole slaw, apples, milk
· Tuesday, May 2--Spaghetti, garlic bread, applesauce, salad, milk
· Wednesday, May 3--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, May 4--Chicken noodles, roll, peas, cottage cheese/pears, milk
· Friday, May 5--Grandparent's Day--11:30 A.M. Dismissal
· Saturday, April 29--8th Grade Trip
· Sunday, April 30--8th Grade Trip
· Monday, May 1--8th Grade Trip
· Monday, May 1--Book Fair
· Tuesday, May 2--8th Grade Trip
· Tuesday, May 2--Book Fair
· Wednesday, May 3--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Wednesday, May 3--Book Fair
· Wednesday, May 3--Art Show
· Wednesday, May 3--Spring Band Concert--NDHS--7:00 P.M.
· Thursday, May 4--Book Fair
· Thursday, May 4--Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
· Friday, May 5--Grandparents Day--11:30 A.M. Dismissal
· Friday, May 5--Book Fair
· Saturday, May 6--First Communion
· Saturday, May 6--Middle School Dance
SCHOOL NEWS: Yearbook Ads, Grandparents Day, Scrip Team, Art Show, PIP Hours, Kindergarten Camp and House Numbers
1. Yearbook - . The deadline for yearbook ads has been extended to May 12. If you are interested in buying a whole, half or quarter of a page in the yearbook, there are forms available in the school office. Cost is $100 for a whole page, $50 for a half page, and $25 for a quarter of a page. Please send a hard copy of any picture you would like to include in the ad. It will be returned to your student promptly. This is a great way to remember the school year! TO ORDER A YEARBOOK FOR YOUR STUDENT pick up an order form in the school office or go online to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use Yearbook ID Code 8077417.
2. Grandparents Day - Grandparents Day is this Friday, May 5th. All invitations have been mailed out. Please contact Cissy West at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an extra copy of the invitation. Please sign up to help before, during or after the event or to bring food for our special guests (PIP hours awarded for food!): http://signup.com/go/brJBM3
3. Scrip Team - If you are interested in joining the Scrip Team for next year, please contact Cissy West in the school office. Ideally, we would like to have two teams of two who could cover alternating weeks of placing Tuesday morning orders and filling orders on Thursday or Friday. All training will be provided.
4. Art Show - OLPH Art Show & Ice Cream Social. You are invited to an amazing art show and ice cream social! Wednesday, May 3rd 6:00-7:00 P.M. Join friends and family for a hallway art exhibition like no other!
5. PIP Hours - DID YOU KNOW that there is one place that you can go to see all the volunteer opportunities available for parents at OLPH? The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, and many families have not met their required PIP hours - but have no fear! There are still many opportunities to do your part! Check out the " Parent Involvement" tab http://school.myolph.com/resources/pip.cfm for all the links to sign up for:
· Grandparents' Day
· Art Show help
· Field Day--PreK - 5th Grade
6. Kindergarten Camp - STEPPING UP TO KINDERGARTEN
JUNE 5th – JUNE 9th
STEPPING-UP TO KINDERGARTEN - Rising Kindergarten Students
TIME: 9:00 A.M - 12:00 NOON
PLACE: OLPH Kindergarten Classroom
DIRECTORS: Karen Carden and Vickie Stovall, Kindergarten teachers at OLPH School.
Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Get a head start with "Stepping-Up" camp. This camp will provide many hands-on classroom experiences as an introduction to the kindergarten environment. Children will enjoy crafts, language arts, math, religion, science, social studies, art, music, and activities. They will have recess and a snack too. WOW! Who could imagine that school could be this much fun!!! Applications are available in the school and church offices.
8. House Numbers - Ministro - 2561 Caritas - 2156 Cognitio - 2136
· Monday, May 1--Tennis--OLPH vs TN Christian @ Cleveland--4:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, May 2--ISC Championship Track Meet--CCS--4:30 P.M.
· The popular Catholic Football Skills Clinic is right around the corner (June 5-9, 9am – 12pm). The camp will be held at OLPH and open to all boys age 8 – 14. Campers are separated based on age and skill level. The week focuses on fundamental football techniques. In addition, instruction on a variety of related topics will be covered (leadership, conditioning, speed and agility, yoga, rules of the game, etc.). It is a fun and worthwhile week. Daily snack and camp shirt will be provided to all participants. It's a great week and we hope you will join us.
· Spring football is here! Pads and related equipment will be distributed this Sunday, April 30, 6pm in the OLPH football locker room. Lockers will also be assigned. Helmets, shoulder pads and practice jersey are provided. Players are asked to supply their own practice pants and cleats. No worries if you don't yet have any equipment. Spring football is a perfect opportunity for your son to determine whether or not he'd like to play Catholic football. The spring "season" lasts less than three weeks and includes 8 practices. It is a great chance to try out the sport. Our next gathering after this Sunday will be Wednesday, May 3rd @ 6pm (locker room opens at 5:30). We will gather contact info Sunday of those interested and then email the full spring schedule. Catholic is a cooperative middle school football program consisting of OLPH and St. Jude students. The program offers an opportunity to participate in a competitive, but fun, atmosphere. Our goal is for it to be a positive experience for all who play. Please join us this Sunday. If you have questions, please contact Billy Dearing (423-757-0249) at wdearing@chamblissl