OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
March 19 - March 23, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of March, Respect - Recognizing the dignity of all people.
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, March 19--Sloppy joes, baked beans, macaroni salad, apples, milk
· Tuesday, March 20--Chicken nuggets, roll, mashed potato, green beans, oranges, milk
· Wednesday, March 21--Taco pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, March 22--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, March 23--Grilled cheese, tomato soup, crackers, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, March 20--Prayer Breakfast--7:30 A.M.
· Wednesday, March 21--Cub Scout Meeting--6:30 P.M.
· Thursday, March 22--Girl Scout Meeting--3:30 P.M.
· Friday, March 23--Living Stations--2:00 P.M. and 5:30 P.M.
· Sunday, March 25--Palm Sunday
SCHOOL NEWS: Frozen Fridays, St. Vincent de Paul Society, 8th Grade Car Wash and Academic Awards
1. Frozen Fridays - During the season of Lent, Frozen Fridays will be moving to Thursdays. Please send $1.00 with your child for an ice cream treat on Thursday, Mar 8, Mar 15 and Mar 22.
2. St. Vincent de Paul Society - Beautiful Art Prints of our church painted by current art teacher, Mrs. Mullins, and former art teacher, Ann Meinert, are for sale in the school and parish offices for $25.00. All proceeds go to the St. Vincent de Paul Society for the poor in our community.
3. 8th Grade Car Wash -The 8th grade will be washing cars after all OLPH Masses the weekend of March 24-25th to raise money for their class trip to DC in April. Bring your dirty car to Mass and leave in a shiny set of wheels!
4. Academic Awards - 5th Grade - First Honors: Sam Brown, Olivia Mroz, Paola Palacios, Leah Smith and Jack Summitt. Second Honors: Miles Gilbert, Carrigan Hudson, Chase Lundberg, and Melina Stafford. 6th Grade - First Honors: VyLynh Jensen, Brady Lawson and Maccoy Earnest. Second Honors: Jack Christensen, Breana Mendoza and Keegan Schafluetzel. 7th Grade - First Honors: Tori Soutuyo, Sam Smith, Emma Pace, Maggie Haimelin and Olivia Chauncey. Second Honors: Mikey Monahan, Avery Moorman, Denise Palacios, Ava Wright and Savina Jones. 8th Grade - First Honors: Warren Yap, Heidi Eckler, Kenzie Campbell, Christina Todd, Regan Wolf, Christian Perez, Ali Covey and Levi Brown. Second Honors: Colin Scalla, Isaac Moorman, Drew Ingle, Augustine Britto, Ian Agbannaoag, Maddox Earnest and Tucker LeSar
· Mark your calendars. The popular Catholic Football Skills Clinic is set for June 4-8 (9am – 12pm). The camp is open to all boys ages 8 – 14. Campers are separated based on age and skill level. The week focuses on fundamental football techniques. In addition, instruction on a variety of related topics will be covered (leadership, conditioning, speed and agility, yoga, rules of the game, etc.). It is a fun and worthwhile week. Daily snack and camp shirt provided to all participants.
· Monday, March 19--Volleyball Game--OLPH @ Berean--Elem--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, March 20--Volleyball Game--Chattanooga Charter @ OLPH--JV, 4:00 P.M.--V, 5:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, March 20--Golf Match--Concord--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, March 20--Baseball Game --Catholic @ CCS--4:30 P.M.
· Thursday, March 22--Volleyball Game--Silverdale @ OLPH--Elem 4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, March 22--Volleyball Game--Silverdale @ OLPH--JV, 5:00 P.M.--V, 6:00 P.M.
· Friday, March 23--Baseball Game--Boyd @ Catholic--4:30 P.M.