OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
April 30 - May 4, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of May, Responsibility - Being reliable in your duties and accountable for your actions
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, April 30--Pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Tuesday, May 1--Chicken noodles, roll, green peas, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, May 2--BBQ sandwich, macaroni salad, baked beans, apples, milk
· Thursday, May 3--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, tomato, cheese, milk
· Friday, May 4--Fish, french fries, cole slaw, jello, milk
· Saturday, April 28--First Holy Communion--10:00 A.M.
· Sunday, April 29--Confirmation--5th - 8th Grade--3:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, May 1--2nd Grade Transition Meeting--5:30 P.M.
· Wednesday, May 2--1st Grade Transition Meeting
· Wednesday, May 2--Spring Band Concert @ NDHS--7:00 P.M.
· Thursday, May 3--4th Grade Transition Meeting
· Friday, May 4--First Friday--Virtue Mass--2nd Grade
· Saturday, May 5--Middle School Dance
SCHOOL NEWS: Book Fair, Yearbook Orders, PDA's for Yearbooks, St. Jude PE Camps, Kindergarten Camp, Book Fair and Saint Vincent de Paul Society
1. Book Fair - The Scholastic Book Fair is a great event that students always look forward to! It is also a great fundraiser to provide new books for our library. Set-up will be on Thursday, April 26 and the Book Fair will be open beginning at 11:30 on Grandparents' Day (Friday, April 27). Students will be able to visit during the school day and after school Monday, April 30 - Friday, May 4. If you can help with set-up or sales or with take-down on May 7, please sign up! http://signup.com/go/rYVtfP
2. Yearbook Orders - It is yearbook time again. Remember to order your yearbook online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM. Our yearbook ID Code is 8077418. Yearbooks cost $34.00 and the order deadline is May 18th. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Evans at email@example.com.
3. Yearbook PDA's - Yearbook PDA's are a great way to remember the good times and the memories of this school year. We have forms available at the front office to purchase a PDA. PDA's are $100.00 for a full page, $50.00 for an half page and $25.00 for a quarter of a page. Please send in the form, picture and text to the office by May 18th. By purchasing a PDA, you help keep the cost of the yearbook down.
4. St. Jude PE Camps - St. Jude will be hosting PE Camps for Rising K-4th, June 25-29 and Rising 5th-8th, July 9-13. To register call or text names to Mr. Hill 423-704-9402 or email Coach Hill firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Kindergarten Camp - STEPPING UP TO KINDERGARTEN CAMP COMING SOON…JUNE 4th – JUNE 8th. Rising Kindergarten Students. COST: $85.00 (Make checks payable to OLPH Kindergarten.) DUE DATE: Monday, May 14, 2018 TIME: 9:00 A.M - 12:00 P.M. PLACE: OLPH Kindergarten Classroom. DIRECTORS: Karen Carden and Sharell Douglas, Kindergarten teachers at OLPH School. Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Get a head start with "Stepping-Up" camp. This camp will provide many hands-on classroom experiences as an introduction to the kindergarten environment. Children will enjoy activities with crafts, language arts, math, religion, science, social studies, art, and music. They will have recess and a snack too. It is a great way to make new friends and build excitement about the upcoming school year. WOW! Who could imagine that school could be this much fun!!! Forms are available in the school and church offices or call 423-622-1481.
6. Saint Vincent de Paul Society - Saint Vincent de Paul Society is in need of canned food for the food pantry. Please bring your cans and drop them off in the box in the church.
· Field Day, Wednesday May 9th!!! PreK thru 5th grade will enjoy a day of interesting and exciting races and activities. Come prepared for lots of fun in the sun and maybe a little wet stuff as well! A Hamburger or Hot dog lunch will be served (Look for Hamburger/Hot dog form in students folders $3.00). If you plan on attending and eating lunch with your student after field day events are finished please add your choice and payment to the order form sent home. No cash will be accepted on the day of the event. In addition to the Hamburger and Hot Dog lunch we will be selling candy and treats for kids to purchase as a special dessert. If you are interested please send some extra money for after field day treats. Proceeds benefit the OLPH Booster Fund!
· Sports Banquet will be on May 8th. Please see attachment for more information.
· Mark your calendars. The popular Catholic Football Skills Clinic is set for June 4-8 (9am – 12pm). The camp is open to all boys ages 8 – 14. Campers are separated based on age and skill level. The week focuses on fundamental football techniques. In addition, instruction on a variety of related topics will be covered (leadership, conditioning, speed and agility, yoga, rules of the game, etc.). It is a fun and worthwhile week. Daily snack and camp shirt provided to all participants.
· NDHS will be hosting several summer camps, check out this link for more information. https://camperregsecure.com/NotreDameHighSchool/
· Monday, April 30--Track Meet @ St. Peters--4:15 P.M.
· Monday, April 30--Elem Volleyball Tournament @ SJS--CCS vs SJS--4:30, Normal Park vs OLPH--5:30
· Monday, April 30--Winner of 4:30 and 5:30 games play at 6:30