OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
September 3 - September 7, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue of the Month of September: Kindness - An eagerness to put others at ease. It is a sweet and attractive temperament that shows friendly regard.
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." Romans 8:14.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, September 3--Labor Day--No School
· Tuesday, September 4-Teriyaki chicken, rice, vegetables, tropical fruit, milk
· Wednesday, September 5--Cheese pizza, corn, fruit, salad, milk
· Thursday, September 6--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, September 7--Taco, salad, corn and black fiesta, oranges, milk
· Monday, September 3--Labor Day--No School
· Tuesday, September 4--NDHS Event--"Teenage Years 101"--NDHS--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, September 6--Girl Scout Meeting--3:30 P.M.
· Saturday, September 8--Middle School Dance--Gym--7:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Publix Rewards, Notre Dame Event, Grand Ram, Yearbooks, ChessNinja, Middle School Students, Middle School Dance, Girl Scouts, Homework Help, Beta Members and Makers Club
1. Publix Reward - Thank you to everyone who is remembering to use your Publix tag at checkout to earn money for OLPH School! To date, we have earned $6,944.15 ($449.78 so far this year) from this simple-to-use Publix Partners program! Though the tags still work now, Publix will soon be switching over to a phone number entry to give us credit for your purchases. To continue to participate, you must sign up for a Publix account at Publix.com (or sign in if you already have an account.) Then click on your name in the upper left corner and go to "My Account." Under "My Publix Partner" search by zip code (37412) to choose Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Then, each time you shop, simply enter the phone number you registered with. No more missed receipts because you don't have your key tag!
2. Notre Dame Event - University of Notre Dame alum, NDHS parent and local attorney, Dan Ripper, will be presenting a one-hour seminar “Teenage Years 101: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You” on September 4 at 6:00 pm in the Notre Dame High School Auditorium. The seminar will be an opportunity for teenagers and their parents to learn about laws that can affect them and how to make good decisions should the authorities become involved. This seminar is being sponsored by the University of Notre Dame Club of Chattanooga as part of their continuing education efforts in our community.
3. Grand Ram Tricycle Race - Mark your calendars for a very fun family event at OLPH – Sat, September 22nd is our Grand Ram Tricycle Race and OLPH Fall Fest. This great community event will kick off with a fun Tricycle Race for those from PreK to adult. Pre-registration cost is only $12 and includes an event t-shirt. You must register by Sept 7th to guarantee shirt size. A registration form is attached in case you need one. We are still looking for door prizes and sponsors for event - sponsorships range from $100-$500. Please contact Kari Hudson firstname.lastname@example.org for details on sponsorship opportunities. Your support is appreciated! Following the race will be OLPH’s Fall Festival with fun carnival games, a petting zoo, pony rides, bounce houses and more! H&S will send out more info on this event soon.
4. Yearbooks - We have 23 extra yearbooks from 2017-2018 school year. If you would like, one we will have them available at the Back to School Picnic as well as in the office. They are $34.00.
5. ChessNinja - Try the first class on Sept.4th for grades 1 - 3 and Sept.10th for 4 - 6 at 3:15 P.M., no strings attached. All skill levels welcome. Please register at www.chessninja.org/current-classes/ or contact Thomas Lane at TL@chessninja.org with any questions.
6. Middle School Students - Middle school students participating in the Grand Ram Tricycle Race will earn 300 points for their house AND an out-of-uniform pass from Mrs. Fox. Come out and race!
7. Middle School Dance--The Beta Club is sponsoring a "Blast from the Past" dance on Saturday, September 8th. The dance, which includes St. Jude Middle School students, will be in the school gym from 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. The cost is $10.00 a person and they will have water and snacks available for $1.00.
8. Girl Scouts - Thurs, Sept 6th – Our OLPH Girl Scout Meeting will be held immediately following dismissal until 5pm. If your daughter (Kindergarten – 7th grade) is interested in joining our troop and you were not able to attend our Ice Cream Social last week, please email us at email@example.com for information. All scouts must have their waiver turned in PRIOR to the meeting so that one of our troop leaders can pick the girls up from dismissal and walk to our Girl Scout meeting. We are looking forward to a fun year!
9. Homework Help - Homework help will start on Tuesday, 9/4 in Ms. Panter's room. It will be offered to students in grades 3rd-8th on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30. The cost will be $5/ students and a contract must be signed before the student begins coming. Parents are asked to contact, firstname.lastname@example.org the day before their student plans on coming.
10. New Beta Members - Congratulations to our newest OLPH Beta Club Members: Ben Katz, Hannah Morais, and Vanessa Lewis.
11. Makers Club - OLPH's Makers Club First Lego League season kicks off for 2018 this week. Any students in 4th to 8th grade interested in joining our robotics team join us Wednesday and Thursdays in September and all week long in October as we prepare for the 2018 season. The cost for 2018 is $75 per student. Snacks are provided and each team member will get a shirt. We are limited to a max of 10 students for the season. Micro Makers Lego Academy will be meeting on the second Tuesday of each month this fall. Micro Makers will meet from 3:30 until 5:30 pm. This program is targeted at prek-4 to first grade students. We will have slots for 10 kids per day. This is an edu-play activity. We will have a large number of Legos and middle school makers to help supervise the kids. The cost for this program is $15 per meeting. Profit from this will go toward equipment for the OLPH 1 TV station. To signup go here, https://goo.gl/forms/sU1Ec2nXE78efBpB3. Any Questions please email email@example.com
· Soccer Registration will begin Tuesday September 4th. If your child is interested in participating in Coed Elementary (4th and 5th grade) team. MS Girls team or MS Boys team, please fill out sports registration form, attach payment and provide a current annual physical for each player. Forms are linked below. Season will begin the week of September 24th. Registration ends September 21st! No student will be allowed to participate without a complete registration!
· Tuesday, September 4--Catholic Football--CCS @ OLPH--6:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, September 4--Tennis Match--OLPH vs. Grace @ Champions Club--4:30 P.M.
· Thursday, September 6--JV Catholic Football--CCS @ OLPH--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, September 6--Tennis Match--OLPH vs. CHS @ Champions Club--4:30 P.M.