OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
January 14 - January 18, 2019 school.myolph.com
Virtue of the Month of January: Self-Control - To restrain one's emotions, actions and desires, and to be in harmony with the will of God.
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." Romans 8:14.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, January 14--Chicken noodles, roll, green peas, pears, milk
· Tuesday, January 15--Ham, roll, scalloped potato, vegetables, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, January 16--Cheese quesadilla, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, January 17--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, cheese, pickles, milk
· Friday, January 18--Baked potato, broccoli and cheese, salad, apples, milk
· Tuesday, January 15--$1.00 Out of Uniform
SCHOOL NEWS: Catholic Raffle Calendars, Financial Assistance for 2018- 2019, Catholic Schools Week Service Project, Catholic Schools Week and Academic Awards
1. Catholic Raffle Calendars - The Scholars, Leaders and Saints Raffle Sale has begun! LAST DAY TO ORDER CALENDARS IS JANUARY 19TH. We really need 100% of families to participate in this very important fundraiser for our Tuition Assistance Fund and Annual Fund. If you meet your family goal of 3 sold you will be entered into the drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card - AND you can claim 3 PIP hours! Sell 6 and you will get a second entry - and 5 PIP hours! All of the proceeds from the entries sold here will remain in the Chattanooga area, with $15 coming back to our school and the remainder going to the Tuition Assistance Fund that is shared by OLPH, SJS and NDHS. For $36.50 (or 3/$100) purchasers will receive an entry into each of 365 drawings (one for each day of the year) for a total of $50,000 in cash prizes ranging from $100 to $500. Please online or turn in to the office or Mail to Notre Dame High School in the envelopes provided. Link to order calendars: https://cscfundraiser.com/
Financial Assistance for 2018 - 2019 - VERY IMPORTANT NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP. FACTS Grant & Aid online application for 2019/2020 opened on October 22, 2018. (Click the link below to apply.) The application takes approximately 25 minutes to complete. Applicants are required to upload 2017 federal tax return and 2018 W2 forms. We suggest starting the application and uploading your 2017 federal tax return as soon as possible. You can finish/submit the application after you have uploaded your 2018 W2 forms. Applications and tax forms must be submitted by February 1, 2019. All Families must have a signed Parish Affiliation Form on file in the Parish Office.
3. Service Project - It's getting cold outside and many children in the greater community do not have coats. For Catholic Schools Week coming up in January, we are collecting gently used or new children's coats for the East Lake Elementary School community in Chattanooga. Please donate your child's outgrown coat or brand new one this winter to a child in need. We will be collecting coats until the end of January. You can send the coats in to the office any time until Catholic Schools Week, and they will be sent to those in need. Thank you for helping us to be Christ to the world!
4. Catholic Schools Week - Calling all OLPH school volunteers! We would like to say a big THANK YOU during Catholic Schools Week Friday all-school Mass at 8:15. Please let us know if you will be in attendance by emailing Mr. Campbell at email@example.com or calling the school office (622-1481). As always, thanks for all you do to help make OLPH wonderful! Catholic Schools Week begins Sunday, January 27th! To show their school spirit, students are encouraged to wear their school uniforms to whatever Mass they attend this weekend. Students who get their picture taken in their uniform at the church will earn an out of uniform pass. All pictures need to be emailed to Mrs. Monahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or a hard copy may be given to their teacher by Monday, January 28th.
5. Academic Awards - 5th Grade - First Honors - Matthew Gabbert. Second Honors - Selena Mullinax, Sebastian Quintero, Caleb Salenda, Catie Senowich and Grace Martin, Teacher's Choice - Alicia Malpartida and Wrenn Scott. 6th Grade - First Honors - Paola Palacios and Leah Smith. Second Honors - Carrigan Hudson, Miles Gilbert, Chase Lundberg, Olivia Mroz, August Patton, Jack Summitt, Melina Stafford, Molly Lawson, Anna Cat Critchfield and Sam Brown. Teacher's Choice - Lucas Johnson and Jack Gribben. 7th Grade - First Honors - Hannah Morais, VyLynh Jensen and Daniela Cachay. Second Honors - Talli, Tucker, Brady Lawson and Katherine Deleon-Mendoza. Teacher's Choice - Riley Share and Paul Hoang. 8th Grade - First Honors - Olivia Chauncey, Denise Palacios, Tori Soutuyo, Sam Smith, Emma Pace, Stella Malecky, Vanessa Lewis and Maggie Haimelin. Second Honors - Ava Wright, Michael Monahan and Elaine MacDougall. Teachers Choice - Kennedy Hill and Millie Meagher.
· New Spirt Store is OPEN!!!
Can order 24/7/365 and on-line
NO OPENING OR CLOSING DATES!
Can order 24/7/365 and on-line
NO OPENING OR CLOSING DATES!
· We are looking for a Spring Track Coach to train our mighty Rams. If you are interested the Meets are typically held on Mondays, there are no weekend commitments and practices are on campus directly after school. A stipend is offered for your time and commitment. If you can help please contact Coach Leath email@example.com.
· Knights of Columbus Holy Family Council #6099 will be hosting their annual Kid's Free-Throw Championship on Saturday, January 19, from 2pm to 4pm immediately following the OLPH vs. St. Jude games at the OLPH gym. There are both Boy’s and Girl’s divisions with 6 age brackets each, 9,10,11,12,13,14 for a total of 12 champions.
All boys and girls ages 9 to 14 are invited to participate in the local Council level of competition.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation with the Champion of each bracket receiving a Champion’s Certificate and a Knight’s of Columbus Basketball.
The Champion of each bracket is eligible to compete for the District Championship which will occur on the same day immediately following the Council Championship. District Champions will receive a medal.
Those District Champions are then eligible to compete in the Regional and State competitions occurring in Knoxville and Murfreesboro respectively.
The Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship is sponsored annually, with winners progressing through local, district, and jurisdictional competitions. International champions are announced by the Knights of Columbus international headquarters based on scores from the jurisdiction-level competitions. All boys and girls ages 9 to 14 are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age divisions.
· Saturday, January 11-Basketball Catholic Play Day @ NDHS
· Monday, January 14--Basketball Game--Hickory Valley @ OLPH--EB--4:30
· Monday, January 14--Basketball Game--OLPH @ Patriots--EB--4:00, VG--5:00, VB--6:00
· Wednesday, January 16--Basketball Game--OLPH @ SJS--EG--4:00, EB--5:00, VG--6:00, VB--7:00
· Thursday, January 17--Basketball Game--OLPH @ Grace--VG--6:00, VB--7:00
· Thursday, January 17--Basketball Game--BCA @ OLPH--EG--4:00
· Thursday, January 17--Swim Meet @ Cleveland
· Saturday, January 19--Basketball Game--SJS @ OLPH--EG--9:00, EB--10:00, JVB--11:00, VG--12:00, VB--1:00
· Saturday, January 19--Knights of Columbus Free Throw Contest--OLPH Gym--2:00 - 4:30 P.M.
· Saturday, January 19--Swim Meet--Baylor Middle School Invite
· Someone from the KofC 6099 is donating a free PC for a student in need. If anyone is interested, please contact the office.