OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
May 27 - May 31, 2019 school.myolph.com
Virtue of the Month of May: Gentleness - A humble demeanor that derives from a position of strength and authority. Gentleness is not a quality that is weak and passive.
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." Romans 8:14.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
LUNCH MENU -
SCHOOL CALENDAR -
· Monday, May 27--Memorial Day
· Tuesday, May 28--Teacher In-Service
· Wednesday, May 29--Teacher In-Service
· Thursday, May 30--Report Card Pick-Up--9:00 A.M.- 2:00 P.M.(pick up any medications you have at school for your student)
SCHOOL NEWS: Summer Office Hours, God Camp, Tables for Sale, Choo Choo Choir, Academic Awards and Art News
· Summer Office Hours - The School Office Hours for the summer are Wednesday's 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
· God Camp - It's time to sign your children up for God Camps this summer. Registrations went home this week with your children. Incoming 7th and 8th graders are at Reach, June 24-27 and incoming 5th and 6th graders are at Discover, June 27-29. Both held at Harrison Bay State Park at their Group Camp. Youth will be staying in cabins with 3 of their friends and 2 high school leaders. For more information and forms go to https://dioknox.org/event/summer-god-camps/?instance_id=4352 or contact Donna Jones at 423-622-7232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tables for Sale - We have 44 round wooden banquet tables to sell. You may purchase 1 or as many as you like. All offers will be considered. Contact the school office if you are interested.
· Choo Choo Choir - Paul Blazek, an OLPH Parishioner, directs Chattanooga's Choo Choo Chorus. They have a concert coming up June 1st at 3:00 P.M. at GPS. The main attraction is the Humdingers (a quartet from Disney) and the theme of the show is Disney songs. Any profit from this show goes toward the Christmas concert and everything made from the Christmas concert goes to charities for children. Children 12 and under get in free. Here is a link to the website to get tickets:
· Academic Awards - 5th Grade: First Honors - Sebastain Quintero, Matthew Gabbert and Catie Senowech, Second Honors - Riley West, Caleb Salenda, Alicia Malpartida, Katie Laufer, Killian Malecky, Cecilia Mantel, Grace Martin, Corinne Moorman, and John Todd. Teacher's Choice - Nyla Halfacre and Kaitlyn Critchfield.. 6th Grade: First Honors - Melina Stafford, Paola Palacios, Leah Smith and Olivia Mroz. Second Honors - Molly Lawson, Anna Catherine Critchfield, Samantha Brown, John Henry Rodgers and Chase Lundberg. 7th Grade: First Honors - VyLynh Jensen and Hannah Morias. Second Honors - Jack Christensen, Talli Tucker, Daniela Cachay, Paul Hoang, Carlo Salenda and Riley Share. Teacher's Choice - Wesley Davis, Declan Newcom and Will Menham. 8th Grade: First Honors - Olivia Chauncey, Elaine MacDougall, Denise Palacios, Sam Smith, Tori Soutuyo and Maggie Haimelin. Second Honors - Isha Davis, Harrison Gersch, Savina Jones, Millie Meagher, Sam Gribben, Louise Howard, Vanessa Lewis, Emma Pace, Ava Wright, Diego Zarate-Barrios and Stella Malecky. Teacher's Choice - Regan Bingham and Kennedy Hill.
· Art News - Our students that did the giant snack project in art, will have their work displayed in the exhibition gallery at the Creative Discovery Museum for the month of June until August! An exciting opportunity for their work to be seen in the community, and with Iron man and other summer events there are loads of international visitors who will get to see their talents as well. Students participating will receive free/discounted tickets for them and their families to attend and see their work on display starting mid-June.
Have a Wonderful Summer