OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
April 16 - April 20, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of April, Forgiveness - Pardoning those who offend you.
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, April 16--Chicken nuggets, mashed potato, green beans, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, April 17--Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, April 18--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, April 19--Taco, black beans, salad, fruit, milk
· Friday, April 20--Turkey sandwich, chips, yogurt, jello, milk
· Monday, April 16--IOWA Testing--Grades 3 - 8
· Tuesday, April 17--IOWA Testing--Grades 3 - 8
· Tuesday, April 17--Prayer Breakfast--Grades 6 - 8
· Wednesday, April 18--IOWA Testing--Grades 3 - 8
· Wednesday. April 18--NDHS Jazz Band--Gym--1:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, April 18--School Advisory Board Meeting--School Library--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, April 19--IOWA Testing--Grades 3 - 8
· Friday, April 19--IOWA Testing--Grades 3 - 8
· Saturday, April 20--8th Grade Trip
· Sunday, April 21--8th Grade Trip
SCHOOL NEWS: New Drop Off/Pick Up Procedure, Yearbook Orders, PDA's for Yearbooks, Home and School Nominations, OLPH App, Art Show, St. Jude PE Camps, Grandparents Day, Kindergarten Camp and Book Fair
1. Drop Off and Pick Up Procedure - New Drop-off Pick-up Exiting Information Effective Wednesday, April 11 In response to numerous complaints about the crossing guard leaving early and traffic backing up, the East Ridge Police Dept. has decided to make our exit a right turn only on to Moore Road. When exiting you may turn right on to Madonna Ave and then right again onto Notre Dame Ave. to the Terrace Road. We are sorry if this is an inconvenience to anyone, but hopefully it will make your exiting much faster and safer.
2. Art Show - ART SHOW: Please join us as we appreciate the creative work of all OLPH students on Thursday, April 26 from 6:00-7:00. Artwork for PK-8th grade will be displayed in the Main Building, Middle School hallway, Madonna Hall, and the Cafeteria - with an ice cream social in the Cafeteria.
3. Grandparents Day - Our grandparents should have received their invitation for Grandparents Day which is on April 27th during this previous week. If you know of a grandparent that did not receive an invitation, please contact the office and we will check the address.
4. Book Fair - The Scholastic Book Fair is a great event that students always look forward to! It is also a great fundraiser to provide new books for our library. Set-up will be on Thursday, April 26 and the Book Fair will be open beginning at 11:30 on Grandparents' Day (Friday, April 27). Students will be able to visit during the school day and after school Monday, April 30 - Friday, May 4. If you can help with set-up or sales or with take-down on May 7, please sign up! http://signup.com/go/rYVtfP
5. Yearbook Orders - It is yearbook time again. Remember to order your yearbook online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM. Our yearbook ID Code is 8077418. Yearbooks cost $34.00 and the order deadline is May 18th. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Yearbook PDA's - Yearbook PDA's are a great way to remember the good times and the memories of this school year. We have forms available at the front office to purchase a PDA. PDA's are $100.00 for a full page, $50.00 for an half page and $25.00 for a quarter of a page. Please send in the form, picture and text to the office by May 18th. By purchasing a PDA, you help keep the cost of the yearbook down.
7. Home and School Nominations - The Home and School Executive Board will open nominations for the 2018/19 school year in April, with elections in May. Please prayerfully consider nominating yourself or someone you know that has a passion for making OLPH the best school in Chattanooga! Serving our school community has many blessings and is a great way to show our children what it means to Know, Love, and Serve. Below are the “job” descriptions for each position. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact anyone on the current board - contact information can be found on the school website at http://school.myolph.com/parents/has.cfm. Job Descriptions: President- preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Executive Board; shall coordinate, support, and communicate the work of the officers and committees; Coordinates the collaborative effort of OLPH parents to provide events, speakers, support and fundraising for OLPH School; Disseminates H&S communications in conjunction with the HR parent coordinator, school office, and parish office; Liaison between OLPH parents and faculty, staff, and parish; sets the calendar and budget in coordination with other officers and committee chairs; Disburses funds per the budget. Vice President (s)- act as aide(s) to the president and shall, in their designated order, perform duties of the president in the temporary absence or the inability of the president to serve; act as the volunteer coordinator for H&S functions; disburse funds per the budget/provide second signature for checks. Secretary- record the minutes of all meetings. Acts as the Homeroom (HR) Parent Coordinator and disseminates information to HR parents. Treasurer- receive and deposit all monies of the Association, shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. Will reconcile accounts monthly and provide reports and updates to the budget. Faculty Representative - provides guidance and input from the perspective of the teachers and facilitates communication between faculty and the Executive Board. We are also looking for coordinators for the following Home and School events: Fall Fest, Trunk or Treat and Breakfast with Santa.
8. OLPH App - Are you an OLPH Parishioner? Do you have the app? You can check our Mass times for Holy Week, find a Mass when you travel, have the daily readings at your fingertips, keep track of the date of your last confession, read the latest bulletin, access Catholic news, daily reflections and more! To download the app to your smartphone, go to the Apple app store or GooglePlay and search for myParish.
9. St. Jude PE Camps - St. Jude will be hosting PE Camps for Rising K-4th, June 25-29 and Rising 5th-8th, July 9-13. To register call or text names to Mr. Hill 423-704-9402 or email Coach Hill email@example.com.
10. Kindergarten Camp - STEPPING UP TO KINDERGARTEN CAMP COMING SOON…JUNE 4th – JUNE 8th. Rising Kindergarten Students. COST: $85.00 (Make checks payable to OLPH Kindergarten.) DUE DATE: Monday, May 14, 2018 TIME: 9:00 A.M - 12:00 P.M. PLACE: OLPH Kindergarten Classroom. DIRECTORS: Karen Carden and Sharell Douglas, Kindergarten teachers at OLPH School. Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Get a head start with "Stepping-Up" camp. This camp will provide many hands-on classroom experiences as an introduction to the kindergarten environment. Children will enjoy activities with crafts, language arts, math, religion, science, social studies, art, and music. They will have recess and a snack too. It is a great way to make new friends and build excitement about the upcoming school year. WOW! Who could imagine that school could be this much fun!!!
*Forms are available in the school and church offices or call 423-622-1481.
· Mark your calendars. The popular Catholic Football Skills Clinic is set for June 4-8 (9am – 12pm). The camp is open to all boys ages 8 – 14. Campers are separated based on age and skill level. The week focuses on fundamental football techniques. In addition, instruction on a variety of related topics will be covered (leadership, conditioning, speed and agility, yoga, rules of the game, etc.). It is a fun and worthwhile week. Daily snack and camp shirt provided to all participants.
· Monday, April 16--Track Meet @ St. Peters--4:15 P.M.
· Monday, April 16--Volleyball Games OLPH @ Normal Park--Elem, 4:00--JV, 5:00--V, 6:00
· Monday, April 16--Baseball Game CCS @ Catholic--5:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 17--Volleyball Games Grace @ OLPH--Elem, 4:00--JV, 5:00--V, 6:00
· Tuesday, April 17--Golf Match--Concord--4:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, April 18--Volleyball Games OLPH @ Oakwood--JV, 5:00--V, 6:00
· Thursday, April 19--Volleyball Games Brainerd Baptist @ OLPH--Elem, 4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, April 19--Baseball Game Lookout Valley @ Catholic--5:30 P.M.
· Friday, April 20--Baseball Game Grace @ Catholic--4:30 P.M.