OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
August 14 - August 18, 2017 school.myolph.com
Virtue in Practice--Year of Charity--Theme is Community
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, August 14--Ravioli, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Tuesday, August 15--Chicken nuggets, roll, mashed potato, green beans, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, August 16--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, August 17--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, August 18--Turkey sandwich, chips, yogurt, apples, milk
· Saturday, August 12--Virtus Training--St. Stephens Church--9:00 A.M.
· Sunday, August 13--Nature's Place Work Day--8:00 A.M.
· Tuesday, August 15--All School Mass--Assumption of Mary--8:15 A.M.
· Friday, August 18--Back to School Picnic--5:30 P.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Welcome Back, Virtus Training, ChessNija, Handbook Signature Form, Girl Scouts, Nature's Place Work Day, Boo-Hoo Breakfast and Back to School Picnic
1. Welcome Back--In case you haven't heard, Mrs. Maggie Burns is back on staff as Assistant Principal. We are blessed to have her back!
2. Virtus Training--The Diocese of Knoxville will be auditing our records to be sure all volunteers are properly trained and background checked. If you still need to complete your training, you may sign up for the one-time, three hour class by going to www.virtus.org and searching on “Knoxville (Diocese).” You may attend any class listed that is convenient to you. The next Virtus Classes are scheduled at St. Stephens Catholic Church: Saturday, August 12 at 9:00 A.M. in the Admin Building and on Monday, August 28 at 6:00 P.M. in the PLC. If you attend a class at another location, please check with Cissy West to be sure you have completed all the necessary paperwork. If you attend class here, Donna Jones will provide you with all the paperwork we will need.
3. ChessNinja--ChessNinja is a high-energy, super fun after school program that incorporates exercise, mindfulness, and storytelling into chess lessons. Students will laugh and learn while exploring the fundamentals of chess, math, and problem-solving! We'll meet in Mrs. Monahan's Science Classroom on Wednesday afternoons from 2:30-4p. All 1st-4th-grade students are welcome! Session 1 - Sept. 6 - Oct. 4 (5 weeks) $75 + $35 supply fee/ semester (t-shirt, chess set, silicone wristbands, and snack). Session 2 - Oct. 17 - Dec. 13 (8 weeks) $120. Coach Thomas has taught young people chess for over five years. He's a former youth director, veteran summer camp counselor, and big brother. He moved to Chattanooga last fall to establish ChessNinja and explore the outdoors. When he's not working on ChessNinja, you'll find him on the trails and waterways around town. Please register:TL@chessninja.org.
4. Handbook Signature Form--If you have not signed a Handbook Signature Form, please come by the school office to sign. Our handbook and calendar are now online and we would like everyone to sign the form to let us know you have read over and understand it.
5. Girls Scouts--Our OLPH Girl Scout Troop will be meeting in the PLC on Thursdays from dismissal until 5pm. If you have a daughter (K-6thgrade) interested in Girl Scouts and have not yet registered or have any questions, please contact our troop at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Nature's Place Work Day - We will be meeting on Sunday, August 13, at 8AM, to get started and beat the heat! If you are unable to make it that early, please join us when you can. Last weekend we were there until early afternoon. If you plan to come, please bring work gloves, and any tools that may be of help (Post hole diggers, garden fork or shovel for uprooting weeds, pruners, etc). This is a great way to get in some PIP hours before the year gets too crazy. Water and Gatorade provided. If we are still there at lunchtime, we will feed you! You can sign up at http://signup.com/go/hxXHgnq. Kids are welcome to come with you (they will be under your supervision).
7. Boo-Hoo Breakfast - PreK and Kindergarten Parents! Whether you’re ready to shout “Yahoo!” or you feel like you’re going to “Boo-Hoo,” join the OLPH Home & School Association and the OLPH Parent Ambassadors on Monday morning for our First Annual Boo-Hoo Breakfast! Grab a cup of coffee, a treat, and if you need it a tissue! We’ll even have free hugs from parents who have been there and done that when it comes to leaving their littles at school for the first time! Look for us outside the Kindergarten building from 7:15-7:50, Monday, August 14!
8. Back to School Picnic - It’s the OLPH Back to School Picnic: Friday, August 18th 6:00-10:00 P.M. in the PLC. Volunteers are needed for set-up, serving, and clean-up! Check your child’s Friday Folder or backpack for a flyer coming home today with more information!
· SPIRIT STORE IS NOW OPEN! Please click on link below to order your spirit wear. We have lots of new and exciting merchandise. Don't let your student miss out on Spirit Day without his/her spirit wear! Store will close on August 21 at midnight so order now!! All proceeds go to benefit the Athletic Fund. Thank you for your support. Go Rams!
Sales code is: olphfan2017
· Fall Sports registration is about to close for the season. If you have not signed up for, Cross Country, Football, Cheer leading or Tennis please do so by Monday August 14th. Forms are on the school web site, an updated yearly physical is required. Tennis will have a parent/player meeting Tuesday August 15th at 5:30 in the Gym. Coach Jones will be there to talk about the season. Remember to join the Booster club if you have not already! It a great way to support the school, get involved and meet new people! It takes a village, we need your help!!!
· Monday, August 14--Catholic Football--CCS (JV) @ OLPH--6:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, August 15--Tennis Parent Meeting--Gym--5:30 P.M.
· Thursday, August 17--Catholic Football--CHS @ OLPH--6:00 P.M.