OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
December 14 - December 18, 2015 www.myolph.com
· Monday, December 14--Vegetable plate, macaroni and cheese, mixed vegetables, oranges, milk
· Tuesday, December 15--Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, December 16--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, December 17--Fish, roll, tri tater, cole slaw, fruit, milk
· Friday, December 18--11:30 A.M. Dismissal--No Lunch or Aftercare
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest. "I, the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world, alleluia." Matthew 28:20
Virtue for the Month of December: Generosity - Giving without counting the cost.
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.
· Saturday, December 12--Our Lady of Guadalupe
· Sunday, December 13--3rd Sunday of Advent
· Wednesday, December 16--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Thursday, December 17--Christmas Program--6:00 P.M.--Gym
· Friday, December 18--11:30 A.M. Dismissal
· Friday, December 18--End of the 2nd Quarter
1. SAVE THE DATE! Feburary 6, 2016 -- Chatti Gras
The Chattanooga area's best Mardi Gras event - Chatti Gras is scheduled for Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at The Chattanoogan Hotel. Chatti Gras is presented by and benefits the students of the Chattanooga Catholic Schools - Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Notre Dame and St. Jude. Because of the new venue, individual tickets for this event will only be made available starting January 6, AND WILL BE LIMITED. Sponsorships, which include reserved seating, are available now. Call any of the schools for information and visitchattigras.com for frequent updates.
2. OLPH Winter Jam, January 16th Tickets now on sale in the school office!!!! This is 21 and up event dance fundraiser to support the 8th grade class trip. Tickets are $25/person and $40/couple. Your ticket includes dancing to the music of DJ April, free appetizers, adult beverages (cash only), cozy outdoor fire pit, and a "Bags tournament" with door prizes!!! Come join your OLPH friends/family for a night of fun and support the 8th grade class trip! Hurry!!! A commemorative OLPH Cup will come with your ticket while supplies last! For all questions please contact Jen Schafluetzel (423-280-8590).
3. Beginner Lego Our favorite Beginner Lego program is starting in January. Kids in K-2 grade are welcome. This program is designed to teach the kids how to build using the books and from their own imagination. We will have a 2 to 1 ratio of learners to helper. This is an annual program that I normally do in the fall but because of Lego League I had to delay it for the winter. We will meet for 4 weeks.
· Week 1 is introduction to parts and names. The kids will build a simple airplane as they learn the parts and their names.
· Week 2 the kids will build an 80 to 100 piece model.
· Week 3 the kids will build a 180 to 250 piece model. Week 3 home work the kids will rebuild the model into a second model.
· Week 4 is a free build where the kids will build designs of their own using the clubs 60,000 Lego pieces.
The kids will get to keep the models from weeks 2 and 3 and take them home on week 3. We will have one older student helper for each 2 younger students. We will meet on Tuesdays this year. The dates are Jan 12, Jan 19, Jan 26 and Feb 2. The fee for this program is $65. We are limited to the first 10 kids in grades k-2. To Sign up please visit http://olphmakersclub.blogspot.com/2015/12/been-while-new-projects.html.
4. Final Scrip Order We will be placing the final scrip order for the year on Tuesday, December 15th at 9:00 A.M. Put your order in any time before this date at www.shopwithscrip.com and your cards will be ready the following Friday.
5. Recycling Thank you for bringing you cardboard and paper. Please make sure to put your recycling in the large green metal RockTenn container. The smaller cans on wheels are for non-paper recyclables.
· Monday, December 14--Basketball--OLPH @ CCS JVG--4:00 P.M., JVB--5:00 P.M., VG--6:00 P.M., VB--7:25 P.M.
· Tuesday, December 15-- Basketball--OLPH @ TCPS JVB--5:30 P.M., VB--6:30 P.M.
· Congratulations to Gabe Flowers, Rily Roberts, Tori Soutuyo, Isabella Gearinger and Anna Qualey for winning their respective age groups in the Knights of Columbus Council #6099 and District 15 competitions held on 12/5/2015 at the OLPH Gym. Good luck to them as they participate in the TN East Regional competition. Thank you to all participants.
· 2015-2016 Booster Club An election was held on December 9th to name new officers for the OLPH Booster Club. The results are as follows: President - Tim Soard, Vice Presidents - Kari Ingle and Dawn Brown, Secretary - Emily Lindsey, Treasurer - Erin Gabbert. The next Booster Club meeting will be January 6th @ 7:00 P.M. in the school cafeteria.
The staff at OLPH would like to wish you and your family a very Blessed Christmas Holiday and a Happy New Year!