OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
April 9 - April 13, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of April, Forgiveness - Pardoning those who offend you.
SPRING Break - April 2 - 6, 2018
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, April 9--Meatballs, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Tuesday, April 10--Chicken noodles, green peas, peaches, cottage cheese, milk
· Wednesday, April 11--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, April 12--Hamburger, tri-tater, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, April 13--Baked potato, broccoli w/cheese, salad, fruit, milk
· Monday, April 9--Spring Pictures and Spring Sports--Out of Uniform--8:15 A.M.
· Tuesday, April 10--C.O.G.A.T. Testing--Grades Kdg, 2, 4, 6
· Wednesday, April 11--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Wednesday, April 11--C.O.G.A.T. Testing--Grades Kdg, 2, 4, 6
· Wednesday. April,11--Home and School Meeting--5:30 P.M.--Pizza, 6:00 P.M.--Meeting
· Wednesday, April 11--Cub Scout Meeting--6:30 P.M.
· Thursday, April 12--C.O.G.A.T. Testing--Grades Kdg, 2, 4, 6
· Thursday, April 12--Girl Scout Meeting--3:30 P.M.
· Thursday, April 12--Virtus Training--PLC--6:00 P.M.
· Friday, April 13--Virtue Mass--Kdg
· Friday, April 13--Pack Lock In--PLC--7:00 P.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: New Drop Off/Pick Up Procedure, Home and School Meeting. School Advisory Board, Home and School Nominations, St. Vincent de Paul Society and OLPH App
1. Drop Off and Pick Up Procedure - New Drop-off Pick-up Exiting Information Effective Wednesday, April 11 In response to numerous complaints about the crossing guard leaving early and traffic backing up, the East Ridge Police Dept. has decided to make our exit a right turn only on to Moore Road. When exiting you may turn right on to Madonna Ave and then right again onto Notre Dame Ave. to the Terrace Road. We are sorry if this is an inconvenience to anyone, but hopefully it will make your exiting much faster and safer.
2. Home and School Meeting - Home and School meeting, Wednesday April 11th with guest speaker Scott Barker, Special Agent for the FBI. He spoke to the middle school in February. This session will give parents information about internet safety and how to keep children safe while online. He will discuss current trends and what parents can do. Meeting will start at 6:00 pm with pizza being served at 5:30!!! Come join us for, what will surely be an informative and educational meeting!!
3. School Advisory Board - The OLPH School Advisory Board is currently accepting application for the 2018-19 school year. This board serves as a consultative body to the Parish and School administrators of OLPH School and works with these administrators to support the mission of OLPH. Applications are available in the school office or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information to be sent to you electronically. Applications are due by April 11th.
4. Home and School Nominations - The Home and School Executive Board will open nominations for the 2018/19 school year in April, with elections in May. Please prayerfully consider nominating yourself or someone you know that has a passion for making OLPH the best school in Chattanooga! Serving our school community has many blessings and is a great way to show our children what it means to Know, Love, and Serve. Below are the “job” descriptions for each position. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact anyone on the current board - contact information can be found on the school website at http://school.myolph.com/parents/has.cfm. Job Descriptions: President- preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Executive Board; shall coordinate, support, and communicate the work of the officers and committees; Coordinates the collaborative effort of OLPH parents to provide events, speakers, support and fundraising for OLPH School; Disseminates H&S communications in conjunction with the HR parent coordinator, school office, and parish office; Liaison between OLPH parents and faculty, staff, and parish; sets the calendar and budget in coordination with other officers and committee chairs; Disburses funds per the budget. Vice President (s)- act as aide(s) to the president and shall, in their designated order, perform duties of the president in the temporary absence or the inability of the president to serve; act as the volunteer coordinator for H&S functions; disburse funds per the budget/provide second signature for checks. Secretary- record the minutes of all meetings. Acts as the Homeroom (HR) Parent Coordinator and disseminates information to HR parents. Treasurer- receive and deposit all monies of the Association, shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. Will reconcile accounts monthly and provide reports and updates to the budget. Faculty Representative - provides guidance and input from the perspective of the teachers and facilitates communication between faculty and the Executive Board. We are also looking for coordinators for the following Home and School events: Fall Fest, Trunk or Treat and Breakfast with Santa.
5. St. Vincent de Paul Society - Beautiful Art Prints of our church painted by current art teacher, Mrs. Mullins, and former art teacher, Ann Meinert, are for sale in the school and parish offices for $25.00. All proceeds go to the St. Vincent de Paul Society for the poor in our community.
6. OLPH App - Are you an OLPH Parishioner? Do you have the app? You can check our Mass times for Holy Week, find a Mass when you travel, have the daily readings at your fingertips, keep track of the date of your last confession, read the latest bulletin, access Catholic news, daily reflections and more! To download the app to your smartphone, go to the Apple app store or GooglePlay and search for myParish.
· Mark your calendars. The popular Catholic Football Skills Clinic is set for June 4-8 (9am – 12pm). The camp is open to all boys ages 8 – 14. Campers are separated based on age and skill level. The week focuses on fundamental football techniques. In addition, instruction on a variety of related topics will be covered (leadership, conditioning, speed and agility, yoga, rules of the game, etc.). It is a fun and worthwhile week. Daily snack and camp shirt provided to all participants.
· Monday, April 9--Baseball Game--Catholic @ CHS--5:30 P.M.
· Monday, April 9--Track Meet @ St. Peters--4:15 P.M.
· Monday, April 9--Volleyball Game--OLPH @ Boyd--JV, 5:00--V, 6:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 10--Golf Match--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 10--Volleyball Game--Elem--CCS @ OLPH--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 10--Volleyball Game--OLPH @ CAMS--JV, 5:00--V, 6:00P.M.
· Tuesday, April 10--Baseball Game--Grace @ Catholic--4:30 P.M.
· Thursday, April 12--Volleyball Game--Elem--OLPH @ SJS--4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, April 12--Volleyball Game--OLPH @ SJS--JV, 5:00--V, 6:00 P.M.
· Friday, April 13--Baseball Game--CCS @ Catholic--4:30 P.M.