OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
August 28 - September 1, 2017 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of September, Charity: Loving God with all your heart, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself.
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, August 28--Corn dog, macaroni and cheese, cabbage, oranges, milk
· Tuesday, August 29--Chicken noodles, green peas, pears and cottage cheese, milk
· Wednesday, August 30--Cheese pizza, corn, fruit, salad, milk
· Thursday, August 31--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, September 1--Beef taco, salad, black beans, yogurt, milk
· Monday, August 28--Virtus Training @ OLPH--PLC--6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, August 30--Spirit Day--Wear OLPH Spirit Shirt w/ Uniform Bottoms
· Wednesday, August 30--OLPH Open House--6:00 P.M.--Begins in the Gym
· Thursday, August 31--Virtus Training--Sts. Peter and Paul--1:00 P.M.
· Thursday, August 31--Girl Scout Ice Cream Social--Cafeteria--6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
· Friday, September 1--First Friday--Virtue Mass--8th Grade--8:15 A.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Virtus Training, ChessNija, School Virtue Banner, Girl Scout Ice Cream Social, Ram Challenge Golf Tournament, Praying Parents, Grand Ram Tricycle Race and Choo Choo Bowl, and Homework Help.
1. Virtus Training--The Diocese of Knoxville will be auditing our records to be sure all volunteers are properly trained and background checked. If you still need to complete your training, you may sign up for the one-time, three hour class by going to www.virtus.org and searching on “Knoxville (Diocese).” You may attend any class listed that is convenient to you. The next Virtus Classes are scheduled on Monday, August 28 at 6:00 P.M. in the PLC and Thursday, August 31 at St. Peters and Paul at 1:00 P.M.. If you attend a class at another location, please check with Cissy West to be sure you have completed all the necessary paperwork. If you attend class here, Donna Jones will provide you with all the paperwork we will need.
2. ChessNinja--ChessNinja is a high-energy, super fun after school program that incorporates exercise, mindfulness, and storytelling into chess lessons. Students will laugh and learn while exploring the fundamentals of chess, math, and problem-solving! We'll meet in Mrs. Monahan's Science Classroom on Wednesday afternoons from 2:30-4p. All 1st-4th-grade students are welcome! Session 1 - Sept. 6 - Oct. 4 (5 weeks) $75 + $35 supply fee/ semester (t-shirt, chess set, silicone wristbands, and snack). Session 2 - Oct. 17 - Dec. 13 (8 weeks) $120. Coach Thomas has taught young people chess for over five years. He's a former youth director, veteran summer camp counselor, and big brother. He moved to Chattanooga last fall to establish ChessNinja and explore the outdoors. When he's not working on ChessNinja, you'll find him on the trails and waterways around town. Please register:TL@chessninja.org.
3. School Virtue Banner - Wanted; a volunteer who would enjoy creating our school Virtue Banner for this school year. If you are interested please contact Mrs. Morrison at email@example.com.
4. Ice Cream Social -Thurs, Aug 31 Ice Cream Social & Welcome Meeting for all girls and families (K-6thgrade) interested in Girl Scouts. We will be meeting in the OLPH Cafeteria from 6-7 P.M and will share information about the coming year, meetings, exciting activities planned for this year and information on how to register. Please send RSVP or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org..
5. 2017 Ram Challenge Golf Tournament - The Golf Tournament that benefits the OLPH School Annual Fund will be held on Monday, September 25, 2017, at Black Creek Club. If your family or your business can support us as a sponsor, or if you would like information about registering for this event, go to http://school.myolph.com/support/golftournament.cfm for printable forms and online payment options. We have support opportunities ranging from $75 and up.
6. Praying Parents--Praying parents is for any parent, guardian or grandparent that would like to come pray for the children, clergy, school, teachers, our world and ourselves. We meet each Thursday morning from 9:15 to 10:00 in Holy Family Hall, adjacent to the church on the school side. Come when you can. Prayer changes things. Email Lori Voges if you have any questions. email@example.com
7. Grand Ram Tricycle Race and Choo Choo Bowl - Mark your calendars for Saturday, Sept 30th for the 4th Annual Grand Ram Tricycle Race and Choo Choo Bowl XXVII featuring our Catholic Football team vs Sale Creek. The fun will begin with the Grand Ram Tricycle Race where participants age PreK through adult are invited to join the fun. Individuals will race on tricycles or big wheels (no Green Machines allowed) which you bring from home or borrow one at the event. We will even have adult tricycles available for the older students and adults. Trophies will be awarded to different age groups. Not only is this a great community event, but a wonderful fundraiser for our school. Registration is only $12 per participant and includes an event t-shirt. Register by Friday, Sept 8th to guarantee your shirt size. Onsite registration is $15. Check in will begin at 8:30am and the races will start at 9am. Following the race, the Ram Walk will start at 10:15am - come cheer on our Catholic Football team as they walk to the field! Kick off for the Choo Choo Bowl XXVII will be at 10:30am. If you have a business or know someone who might be interested in being a sponsor for this event, please email Kari Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Sponsorships range from $100 - $500. Your support is sincerely appreciated! For those who have been here before, we are rescheduling the Fall Festival games until October. There is a wedding scheduled at OLPH on this day and we couldn't fit all of these fun things into a short window of time. Watch for more details on this soon!
8. Homework Help - Homework help will start again for this year on Monday, August 28th. It will be held on Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's in Ms. Panter's classroom from 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.. It is open to students that are in the 4th - 8th grades. The cost is $5.00 a day.
· Booster Club--Hello Football Parents, we hope that your season is off to a great start and that the Catholic Football will dominate on the field. The Booster Club needs some volunteers during your games to work at the gate collecting entry admissions. (If you sign up for this job, you will be able to be finished after half time of the game.) We also need at least 2 volunteers for each game to work in the concession stand. Here is the link that you can look at and sign up for one or more volunteer spots. http://bit.ly/olphfootball.
· Monday, August 28--Cross Country Meet--Woodland Park Baptist Church
· Tuesday, August 29--Catholic Football--JV--OLPH @ Sale Creek--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, August 31--Catholic Football--OLPH @ Normal Park--6:00 P.M.