OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
October 2 - October 6, 2017 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of October, Friendship: Sharing a mutual love that seeks th
e good of the other.
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, October 2--BBQ sandwich, cole slaw, baked beans, apples, milk
· Tuesday, October 3--Chicken nugget, roll, mashed potato, green beans, oranges, milk
· Wednesday, October 4--Stuffed crust pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, October 5--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, tomatoes, cheese, milk
· Friday, October 6--Fish sticks, cole slaw, french fries, fruit, milk
· Saturday, September 30--Tricycle Race--8:30 A.M.
· Saturday, September 30--Middle School Dance--Covey Farms--7:00 P.M.
· Sunday, October 1--Virtus Training--Holy Spirit Catholic Church--12:00 P.M.
· Sunday, October 1--Virtus Training--(Spanish)--St. Brigid Church--2:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, October 3--8th Grade Visit NDHS
· Wednesday, October 4-- Blessing of the Animals--Football Field--1:40 P.M.
· Wednesday, October 4--Boy Scout Den Meeting--6:30 P.M.--School Cafeteria
· Wednesday, October 4--School Advisory Board Meeting--School Library--6:00 P.M.
· Friday, October 6--4th Grade Virtue Mass
· Friday, October 6--End of the 4th Quarter
SCHOOL NEWS: #2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar, St. Vincent de Paul Craft Fair, and Coke Rewards
1. #2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar - You should have already received your order forms for the 2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar – This is an important fundraiser for our school and for the Deanery Tuition Assistance Fund and we need your help to make it a success! If we can meet our school goal of 1,000, we will bring in $15,000 for our Annual Fund and over $20,000 for tuition Assistance in the Chattanooga Deanery. If we surpass that and reach 1,250, we will get an additional day off school in the spring! We are also offering rewards for families who meet their goal of 5, and there is a competition for the highest selling class. Please drop by the office if you need additional forms, and feel free to refer friends, parishioners and relatives to the website, to purchase as well: http://bit.ly/2x1z4pR.
2. St. Vincent de Paul - The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is currently seeking vendors for our craft fair on Saturday, October 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Vendors can secure a booth for only $10 and a pledge to donate 10% of their proceeds to the SSVdP. Anyone interested should please contact Becky Valadie at 423-867-9491 or 423-503-1915.
3. Coke Rewards - The Coke rewards program is back, and it is easier than ever to help OLPH School by donating your points! If you drink any Coke products, you will find codes that are printed inside the lids of bottles or inside the cardboard carton of multi-packs of cans. You can help us earn money from Coke by creating an account at https://us.coca-cola.com. Instructions for entering the codes are on our website at http://school.myolph.com/support/partners.cfm. It’s so easy! You can even snap pictures of the codes with your phone instead of typing them in! If you are not a Coke product drinker, please feel free to drop by the office and pick up some lids. If you drink Coke products but don't want to enter codes, please set your lids or carton end panels aside and send them to the school office. Thanks for your help! Every little bit helps!
· SPIRIT STORE is open again but only for a week!!!! Get your spirit wear apparel now. SOCCER specific wear is also on the same sight but at the bottom, just scroll down. It will close 10-1 at midnight so order now!!!
Sales Code: OLPHSOCCER17
Sales Code: OLPHSOCCER17
· Calling all SWIMMERS! Breaking news!!!!!!! OLPH/SJS Middle School swimming interest meeting for October 4th at 6:00pm at NDHS! Come learn about swimming this winter!!!
· Soccer Season is starting! We will be using this Team Snap AP to communicate with the team so please make sure you are seeing this regularly and it is not being sent to spam. If you know of a player/parent not receiving this please have them email me with a good email address so I can get them in the system! firstname.lastname@example.org Players will need soccer type cleats, a pair (or two) of navy blue soccer socks, shin guards and a water bottle for practices and games. Monday Oct 2nd, Elementary and MS Boys: Elementary and MS Boys will be having their first practice. Coach Roberts (MSBoys) and Coach Lundberg (Elementary) will meet the players in the Football Locker room after dismissal from school. Players may change quickly and quietly in the PE locker room ASAP and then return to their class dismissal line in the gym. Carpool teacher will announce when soccer players can go to football locker room to meet their coaches. No players should be in the football locker room or go to the soccer field with out a coach or directions from an adult. Practice will be over at 5:00. Parents should be there promptly to pick up their players. Tuesday Oct 3rd, MS Boys and MS Girls: Same dismissal procedures, meet coaches in Football Locker Rm when announced by Carpool teacher. Practice until 5:30 Wednesday Oct 4, Elementary and MS Boys: MS Boys practice until 5:30. Elementary team will practice until 5:00 and then there will be an Elementary Team Parent Meeting at 5:00 in Gym. Coach Lundberg will talk to the team and parents about season and expectations and uniforms will be distributed. Thursday Oct 5, MS Boys and MS Girls: Practice until 5:30 and then have MS Team Parent Meeting in the Gym. This week is very important, we leave for fall break the following week, practice TBA, our first games start the week we return on Oct 17th! It's going to be fast and furious but a lot of fun and some great times! Go Rams!!!!
· Saturday, September 30--Choo Choo Bowl XXVII--Sale Creek vs. OLPH--10:30 A.M.
· Monday, October 2--Catholic Football--U12--OLPH vs McCallie @ McCallie--5:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, October 3--Catholic Football--Christian Heritage @ OLPH--5:30 P.M.
· Wednesday, October 4--ISC Tennis Tournament Begins
· Thursday, October 5--Catholic Football--OLPH vs Lookout Valley @ Lookout Valley--6:00 P.M.