OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
April 3 - April 7, 2017 www.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of April: Obedience - Saying "yes" to the loving will of God and those He has set over us.
"May God be gracious and bless us; and let his face shed its light upon us." Psalm 66:2
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, April 3--Chicken noodles, green peas, pears, cottage cheese, milk
· Tuesday, April 4--Vegetable plate, macaroni and cheese, green beans, apples, milk
· Wednesday, April 5--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, April 6--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, April 7--Tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich, crackers, grapes, milk
· Saturday, April 1--Family Honor--8:30 A.M.- 3:30 P.M.
· Sunday, April 2--5th Sunday of Lent.
· Wednesday, April 5--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Wednesday, April 5--Bishop Stika visits the School
· Friday, April 7--1st Friday--Kindergarten Virtue Mass
· Friday, April 7--Living Stations of the Cross--2:00 P.M. & 5:30 P.M.
· Sunday, April 9--6th Sunday of Lent--Palm Sunday
· Tuesday, April 11--Spring Pictures--Out of Uniform
· Thursday, April 13--Holy Thursday--11:30 A.M. Dismissal
· Friday, April 14--Good Friday--No School
· Monday, April 17--Bishops Day--No School
· Tuesday, April 18--Cardinals Day--No School
SCHOOL NEWS: Cardinal's Day, Yearbook Ads, Grandparents Day, Makers Club, School Advisory Board, Academic Awards and House Numbers
1. Cardinal's Day - The Bishop has given all the schools in the Diocese of Knoxville a "Cardinal's Day" as a gift for receiving accreditation. OLPH will take Tuesday, April 18th as Cardinal's Day. Monday, April 17th is Bishop's Day. Enjoy the extra days off.
2. Yearbook - It is time to purchase ads for our Yearbook. If you are interested in buying a whole, half or quarter of a page in the yearbook, there are forms available in the school office. Cost is $100 for a whole page, $50 for a half page, and $25 for a quarter of a page. This is a great way to remember the school year. Order forms for the yearbook are also, available in the school office.
3. Grandparents Day - Grandparents Day is coming up on Friday, May 5th. If you need to add, edit, or remove a Grandparent address from ParentsWeb, please contact Cissy West at email@example.com. If you are interested in working on the planning for Grandparents’ Day, contact Cissy West if you want to help.
4. Makers Club - Makers Club has an introduction to scuba experience arranged for April 27, after school, at ChooChoo Dive and Aquatic Center. The cost is $25. The program is open to anyone ages 10 and up. This is a one day event and will last for about 2 hours with 20 minutes of dive time per person. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Gass by April 20th at 423-580-9528. You MUST preregister for this event as there are forms that we will need.
5. School Advisory Board - The OLPH School Advisory Board is now accepting applications for 2017-18 Board openings. Our School Advisory Board meets every other month, with sub-committee's meeting on the off month (typically a Wednesday night at 6pm) and serves as an advisory board to the Pastor and Principal of OLPH School. Membership is open to parents of OLPH students, alumni of OLPH School, parents of alumni, and members of OLPH parish. Please prayerfully consider serving in this very important school ministry. Applications will be available in the school office next week and will due no later than Wednesday, April 13. Questions – please contact Kari Hudson at (423) 598-1969 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Academic Awards - 5th Grade--First Honors--Maccoy Earnest and VyLynh Jensen; Second Honors--Declan Newcom, Rily Roberts, Carlo Salenda, Keegan Schafluetzel, Talli Tucker, Gabe Flowers, Paul Hoang, Brady Lawson and Colin Robinson; Teacher's Choice--Emma Gillespie, Will Menham, Aiden Corbitt and Savannah Scarboro. Ministro--First Honors--Maddox Earnest, Giancarlo Malpartida, Landon McCallie, Sam Phillips, Tori Soutuyo, Ian Agbannaoag, Holden Gersch, MaiLynh Jensen and Sophia John; Second Honors--Harrison Gersch, Ella Hodges, Stella Malecky, Tim Monahan, Cal Price, Maizie Gillespie, Elaine MacDougall, Mikey Monahan and Alex Soutuyo. Cognitio--First Honors--Eric Alvarado, Morgan Hicks, Emma Pace, Sam Smith, Warren Yap, Astrid Zuniga, Kenzie Campbell, Boston Eberly, Maggie Haimelin, Drew Ingle and Ali Covey; Second Honors--Elisa Alvarado, Landen Cooling, Mia Corte, Savina Rose Jones and Augustine Britto. Caritas--First Honors--Francisco Palacios, Denise Palacios, Candace Brown, McKenna Brown, Olivia Chauncey, Heidi Eckler, Gwen Jimenez, Annamarie Todd, Levi Brown, John Gabbert and Christian Robinson; Second Honors--Regan Wolf, Sam Bambrey, Sam Gribben, Maverick Tucker, Ava Wright, Kassidy Barta, Maia Delaney, Hayden Sewell and Christina Todd; Teacher's Choice--Nicole Bravo.
7. House Numbers - Ministro - 4319 , Cognitio - 4530, Caritas - 4103 3rd Quarter House Winner - Cognitio
· Monday, April 3--Golf--Moccasin Bend--4:00 P.M.
· Monday, April 3--Catholic Baseball--JV @ Camp Jordan vs. TCPS--5:00 P.M.
· Monday, April 3--Elem Track Meet @ Bright School--4:15 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 4--Track Meet--GPS--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 4--Golf--Bear Trace--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, April 4--Tennis @ Collegedale Courts vs. Chattanooga Academy--4:15 P.M.
· Thursday, April 6--Golf--Brainerd--4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, April 6--Catholic Baseball--Varsity vs. Patriots @ NDHS--4:30 P.M.--JV--6:15 P.M.
· Friday, April 7--Track Meet--CCS Invitational--4:30 P.M.
· Summer Football Camp is set for June 5th -9th, 9am-12pm. The camp is open for rising 2nd through 8th graders. Please mark your calendars. Registration forms will soon be available.