OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
October 30 - November 3, 2017 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of November, Courtesy: Being thoughtful of others.
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, October 30--Corn dog, macaroni and cheese, steamed cabbage, peaches, milk
· Tuesday, October 31--Spaghetti, garlic bread, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, November 1--Cheese pizza, corn, salad, pineapple, milk
· Thursday, November 2--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, November 3--Baked potato, broccoli and cheese, salad, grapes, milk
· Saturday, October 28--Trunk or Treat--6:45 P.M.
· Saturday, October 28--Middle School Dance--Knights of Columbus #6099 Hall--Lee Hwy--7:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, October 31--Halloween
· Wednesday, November 1--All Saints Day--All School Mass--1st - 4th Wear Saints Costumes
· Wednesday, November 1--Cub Scout Meeting--6:30 P.M.
· Thursday, November 2--All Souls Day
· Thursday, November 2--Girl Scout Meeting--Holy Family Hall--3:30 P.M.
· Friday, November 3--5th Grade Virtue Mass
· Friday, November 3--OT Screenings
· Saturday, November 4--NDHS Admissions Testing
· Saturday, November 4--Girl Scout Lock In
SCHOOL NEWS: #2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar, Coke Rewards, Boy Scout BBQ Sale, Trunk or Treat, Date Change, Halloween Costumes, All Saints Day, Middle School Dance and Catholic Charities Bake Sale
1. #2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar - This is an important fundraiser for our school and for the Deanery Tuition Assistance Fund and we need your help to make it a success! If we can meet our school goal of 1,000, we will bring in $15,000 for our Annual Fund and over $20,000 for tuition Assistance in the Chattanooga Deanery. If we surpass that and reach 1,250, we will get an additional day off school in the spring! We are also offering rewards for the highest selling class. Please drop by the office if you need additional forms, and feel free to refer friends, parishioners and relatives to the website, to purchase as well: http://bit.ly/2x1z4pR.
2. Coke Rewards - The Coke rewards program is back and it is easier than ever to help OLPH School by donating your points! If you drink any Coke products, you will find codes that are printed inside the lids of bottles or inside the cardboard carton of multi-packs of cans. You can help us earn money from Coke by creating an account at https://us.coca-cola.com. Instructions for entering the codes are on our website at http://school.myolph.com/support/partners.cfm. It’s so easy! You can even snap pictures of the codes with your phone instead of typing them in! If you are not a Coke product drinker, please feel free to drop by the office and pick up some lids. If you drink Coke products but don't want to enter codes, please set your lids or carton end panels aside and send them to the school office. Thanks for your help! Every little bit helps!
3. Boy Scout BBQ - .OLPH Boy Scout Troop 115 is having a BBQ Sale on Sunday, November 5th, beginning after the 8:00 A.M. Mass. Reserve your BBQ today. Text your order to 423-421-1984 or email your order to Dan@DanGriess.com. Whole pulled pork butt injected, rubbed, pulled and smoked, served hot in aluminum ½ pan covered ready to go. The cost is $45 or by the pound for $15. Smoked under the watchful eye of the award winning Owls Nest BBQ Competition Team. Each 8 - 9 pound butt will feed 12 - 14 people. A pound of BBQ will feed 4 - 5 people. We will have your order ready for pick up after all Sunday morning masses. Reserve yours today.
4. Trunk or Treat - Who is ready to have a spooktacular time?? There are so many fun things going on at OLPH right now, and Trunk or Treat is one you don’t want to miss. We are making our list for the available spaces, so please contact Amy Scott at amywscott@gmail or Dana Scarboro at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trunk or Treat will be Saturday, Oct 28, beginning at 6:45, right after Mass, and will end promptly at 9:00. Please let us know ASAP if you need a spot and if you would like a space with electricity if that’s possible, as those spaces are very limited. A huge thank you to those who have sent in candy. Please keep sending in the sweet stuff. We cannot make Trunk or Treat happen without your donations and your attendance. We look forward to having a terrifyingly good time!
5. Christmas Program - Please note we have changed the Christmas Program from December 14th to December 13th.
6. Halloween Costumes - Halloween is coming up and we would like to invite the students to dress up in their costumes on Tuesday, October 31st. The teachers in each grade will let you know if there are any specifications to follow.
7. All Saints Day - All the children 1st-4th grade are invited to dress up as his or her favorite saint. Your child will process into Mass if he or she chooses to dress up as a saint. Please let your teacher know if your child will be participating. Children will need to know something about their saint. Please attach the saint's name to the costume. All children need to bring their school uniform to put on after Mass. If it is possible please join us for the Mass. It is always great to see all of our holy men and women. Your child will receive a holy card and treat for becoming a saint.
8. Middle School Dance - The Middle School Halloween Dance will be Saturday, October 28 at the Lee Highway Knights of Columbus Hall (7615 Lee Hwy). The time for the dance will be 7:00-10:00and admission will be $10. There will be a costume contest with prizes, great music by a DJ and a Trick or Treat concession stand. This dance is open to current OLPH and St. Jude students only.
9. Catholic Charities Bake Sale - The Catholic Charities Bake Sale is a longstanding Chattanooga tradition that raises much-needed funds for counseling, pregnancy help, immigration support, housing for those living with AIDS, and many other services for those in need. Help our community to help others by providing HOME-BAKED pies, cakes, cookies or breads for the sale in our parish the weekend of November 18-19. Sign up to donate baked goods or to help with the sales after the Masses by going to http://signup.com/go/EMTzruP and please support the sale in your parish that weekend.
· The Booster Club is hosting a Fall Sports Banquet on Wednesday, November 15th from 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. This includes team members and their families from: Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Soccer and Tennis. Booster Club will provide pizza. Families are asked to bring item according to the following: families with last name of A - G: desserts, families with last names of H - P: side dishes and families with last names of Q - Z: drinks. Please RSVP to email@example.com your family name and number attending.
· Two weeks ago we had the annual Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge hosted by Council 6099. We had a great turnout and want to thank everyone who participated for making the event a success. Congratulations to Luke Rosellini, Lucas Johnson, Piper Harrison, Jack Christiansen and Annie Harrison for winning their respective age groups! Luke, Piper and Annie went on to represent our district by competing in the regional competition. Thanks again to all who participated!
· Wednesday, November 1--MSG Soccer-OLPH @ SJS--4:30 P.M.
· Wednesday, November 1--MSB Soccer-OLPH @ SJS--5:30 P.M.
· Thursday, November 2--Elem Soccer--SJS @ OLPH--4:30 P.M.
· Thursday, November 2--MSG Soccer--Home School @ OLPH--5:30 P.M.
· Friday, November 3--Elem Soccer--OLPH @ Brainerd Baptist--4:00 P.M.