OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
November 6 - November 10, 2017 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of November, Courtesy: Being thoughtful of others.
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest.
· Monday, November 6--Chicken noodles, roll, green peas, pears and cottage cheese, milk
· Tuesday, November 7--Ham, roll, scalloped potato, mixed vegetables, apples, milk
· Wednesday, November 8--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, November 9--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, milk
· Friday, November 10--Beef taco, salad, black beans, oranges, milk
· Saturday, November 4--NDHS Admissions Testing
· Saturday, November 4--Girl Scout Lock In
· Saturday, November 11--Confirmation Retreat--St. Jude--9:00 A.M.
· You can now go to one spot to sign up for all of your volunteer opportunities: http://signup.com/go/zA7qKF.
Bookmark this link on your computer.
1. Catholic Charities Bake Sale - The Catholic Charities Bake Sale is a longstanding Chattanooga tradition that raises much-needed funds for counseling, pregnancy help, immigration support, housing for those living with AIDS, and many other services for those in need. Help our community to help others by providing HOME-BAKED pies, cakes, cookies or breads for the sale in our parish the weekend of November 18-19. Sign up to donate baked goods or to help with the sales after the Masses by going to http://signup.com/go/EMTzruP and please support the sale in your parish that weekend.
2. Nature's Place Work Day - We are planning another work day this Saturday, November 4, beginning at 9 AM to finish up the rebuilding of the planter boxes that we started earlier in the fall. We need lots of hands and strong backs to finish putting in the last of the boxes and get ready to put the new soil in place. We had a great crew of dads last time around, and it would be helpful to have some more this time as well. If you can help, please sign up at http://signup.com/go/B1XN6g, so we will know you are coming. Lunch will be provided for those who work past noon.
3. Calendar Sales after all Masses - We would like to cover all three exits after each of the weekend Masses on November 11-12. If you have not met your goal of 5 sales, this is a great chance to do so while earning PIP hours. http://signup.com/go/GZVtCFf.
4. Scholastic Book Fair - Scholastic Book Fair will be the week of December 4th - December 8th. We need help with set-up, take down and sales during the week. If you can help in any way, please sign-up at: http://signup.com/go/rYVtfP.
SCHOOL NEWS: #2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar, Boy Scout BBQ Sale, Thanksgiving Lunch and Date Change for Christmas Program
1. #2018 Scholars, Leaders, and Saints Calendar - This is an important fundraiser for our school and for the Deanery Tuition Assistance Fund and we need your help to make it a success! If we can meet our school goal of 1,000, we will bring in $15,000 for our Annual Fund and over $20,000 for tuition Assistance in the Chattanooga Deanery. If we surpass that and reach 1,250, we will get an additional day off school in the spring! We are also offering rewards for the highest selling class. Please drop by the office if you need additional forms, and feel free to refer friends, parishioners and relatives to the website, to purchase as well: http://bit.ly/2x1z4pR.
2. Boy Scout BBQ - .OLPH Boy Scout Troop 115 is having a BBQ Sale on Sunday, November 5th, beginning after the 8:00 A.M. Mass. Reserve your BBQ today. Text your order to 423-421-1984 or email your order to Dan@DanGriess.com. Whole pulled pork butt injected, rubbed, pulled and smoked, served hot in aluminum ½ pan covered ready to go. The cost is $45 or by the pound for $15. Smoked under the watchful eye of the award winning Owls Nest BBQ Competition Team. Each 8 - 9 pound butt will feed 12 - 14 people. A pound of BBQ will feed 4 - 5 people. We will have your order ready for pick up after all Sunday morning masses. Reserve yours today.
3. Thanksgiving Lunch - We will not be preparing a special Thanksgiving lunch this year. Please consider joining us for Mass on Tuesday, November 21 for our all school Thanksgiving Mass Celebration.
4. Christmas Program - Sorry, we are going to have to change the date of the Christmas Program to Monday, December 18th at 6:00 P.M. due to the gym being used for the Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration.
· The Booster Club is hosting a Fall Sports Banquet on Wednesday, November 15th from 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. This includes team members and their families from: Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Soccer and Tennis. Booster Club will provide pizza. Families are asked to bring item according to the following: families with last name of A - G: desserts, families with last names of H - P: side dishes and families with last names of Q - Z: drinks. Please RSVP to email@example.com your family name and number attending.
· OLPH basketball is fast approaching. If your child is interested in playing, Elem Girls (4th-5th grades), Elem Boys (4th-5th) grades), MS Varsity/JV Boys and Girls basketball please sign up now! Registration period ENDS November 21st!!! We will set the teams before Thanksgiving break! Late sign-ups will not be accepted!! Sign up forms are on the OLPH Web site under Athletics.
· Tuesday, November 7--MSG Soccer-Normal Park @ OLPH--4:00 P.M--MSB--5:15 P.M.
· Thursday, November 9--Elem Soccer--OLPH vs. Silverdale @ Redoubt--4:15 P.M.
· Thursday, November 9--MSG Soccer--OLPH vs Silverdale @ Redoubt--5:30 P.M--MSB--6:45 P.M.