OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
October 22 - October 26, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue of the Month of October: Goodness - The selfless desire to be open hearted and generous to others above what they deserve.
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." Romans 8:14.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, October 22--Meatballs, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Tuesday, October 23--Corn dog, macaroni and cheese, cabbage, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, October 24--Cheese quesadilla, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, October 25--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, October 26--Grilled cheese sandwich, chips, cookie, yogurt, jello, milk
· Sunday, October 21--NDHS Open House--2:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, October 23--Fall Picture Retakes and Soccer Pictures--9:00 A.M.
· Wednesday, October 24--Home and School Meeting--Pizza--5:30 P.M. - Meeting - 6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, October 25--NDHS Admissions Meeting(for parents)--5:30 P.M.--Library
· Friday, October 26--2nd Grade Virtue Mass
· Friday, October 26--Frozen Friday
· Saturday, October 27--Trunk or Treat--6:30 P.M. -- 9:00 P.M.
· Saturday, October 27--Middle School Dance--7:00 P.M.
· Sunday, October 28--Teen Mass--10:00 A.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Catholic Raffle Calendars, Home and School Meeting. OLPH Parent Meeting, Virtus Training, NeuroBridge Screenings, Boy Scout BBQ Sale, Academic Awards, Middle School Dance and Halloween Costumes
1. Catholic Raffle Calendars - The Scholars, Leaders and Saints Raffle Sale has begun! We really need 100% of families to participate in this very important fundraiser for our Tuition Assistance Fund and Annual Fund. If you meet your family goal of 3 sold you will be entered into the drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card - AND you can claim 3 PIP hours! Sell 6 and you will get a second entry - and 5 PIP hours! All of the proceeds from the entries sold here will remain in the Chattanooga area, with $15 coming back to our school and the remainder going to the Tuition Assistance Fund that is shared by OLPH, SJS and NDHS. For $36.50 (or 3/$100) purchasers will receive an entry into each of 365 drawings (one for each day of the year) for a total of $50,000 in cash prizes ranging from $100 to $500.Order forms are coming home with the youngest student in Friday Folders this week. 5th through 8th grade have been mailed. Purchase online, turn in to the office or Mail to Notre Dame High School in the envelopes provided. Sign up to sell to parishioners after the Masses on October 27-28 or November 10-11: http://signup.com/go/GZVtCFf
2. Home and School Meeting - We are lucky to have Kelli Ellis with The Speech & Hearing Center as a speaker for our next Home and School Meeting. The meeting will be on October 24th in the PLC with pizza and water served at 5:30 and the meeting starting at 6pm. Kelli will be speaking about how to identify hearing loss and speech issues in children and seniors. This can be more difficult than any of us realize. She will have a slide show to help with the presentation. Mrs. Burns and some wonderful Beta students will be offering childcare for donations!! Hope to see you all there! The Speech & Hearing Center is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve communication and enhance lives. Since 1965 our therapists and audiologists have been focusing on early identification and intervention of communication disorders. The organization most recently has ventured into helping children with feeding, occupational and physical therapy as well.
3. OLPH Parent Meeting - Georgia Valadie, Principal and Laura Goodhard, Admissions Director, will visit with parents of OLPH 8th graders to answer any questions, and discuss the admissions process. The meeting will be held in the OLPH School Library and last no longer than an hour.
4. Virtus Training - We are having the Virtus class in Spanish , Saturday November 10th from 9am to 12pm here at OLPH in the PLC, please register for the class at www.virtus.org , where it says; español - acceso o inscripción and follow the instruccions there. For more information you can call Laura Moore at 423-622-7232. Please don't bring kids to this class.
Tendremos la Clase de Virtus en Español el Sabado 10 de Noviembre de 9am a 12pm aqui en nuestra Iglesia en el PLC, por favor regístrese para la clase yendo a www.virtus.org y haga click en donde dice ; español español - acceso o inscripción, y siga las instrucciones. Para mas información puede llamar a Laura Moore al 423-622-7232. Por favor no traiga niños a esta clase.
5. neuroBridge Screenings - neuroBridge will be screening children at OLPH on Monday, October 29. Please see attachment for a form. nB is a pediatric therapy service provider. They work with children who may be struggling to meet milestones or have underlying issues including poor motor planning, poor fine motor and gross motor coordination, and difficulty with balance or attending to task. They feel strongly about bringing their treatment model to the children at school. neuroBridge has partnered with over 15 independent elementary and preschools in the Chattanooga area. They are passionate about working with children and helping each child reach their maximum potential. They look forward to screening your child.
6. Boy Scout BBQ Sale - OLPH Boy Scout Troop 115 is having a BBQ Sale on Sunday, November 4th, after morning masses. Reserve your BBQ today. Text or phone in your orders to Kevin at 612-325-0848. Whole pork butt injected, rubbed, smoked and pulled, served hot in aluminum ½-pan covered and ready to go. The price is $50 a pan. Smoked under the watchful eye of the award winning Owls Nest BBQ Competition BBQ Team. The 8 - 9 pound butts will serve up to 12 - 14 people. We will have your order ready for pickup after all Sunday morning masses.
7. Academic Awards - 5th Grade: First Honors - Matthew Gabbert. Second Honors - Selena Mullinax, Sebastian Quintero, Caleb Salenda, Alicia Malpartida, Riley West, Emma Kate Ford, Grace Martin, Katie Laufer, Catie Senowich, Cecilia Mantel and Corrine Moorman. 6th Grade: First Honors - Leah Smith and Paola Palacios. Second Honors - August Patton, Chase Lundberg, Carrigan Hudson, Miles Gilbert, Olivia Mroz, Melina Stafford, Molly Lawson, Sam Brown and Anna Catherine Critchfield. 7th Grade: First Honors - Hannah Morais, VyLynh Jensen, Talli Tucker and Paul Hoang. Second Honors - Brady Lawson, Katherine Deleon-Mendoza, Daniela Cachay, Carlo Salenda and Riley Share. Teacher's Choice- Kate Covey. 8th Grade: First Honors - Maggie Haimelin, Vanessa Lewis, Emma Pace, Sam Smith, Victoria Soutuyo, Ava Wright, Olivia Chauncey and Denis Palacios. Second Honors - Stella Malecky, Michael Monahan, Tristan Mroz, Samuel Gribben, Harrison Gersch, Savina Jones, and Elaine MacDougall. Teacher's Choice - Regan Bingham and Isha Davis.
8. Middle School Dance - OLPH Middle School Caritas House will host a Fright Night Dance for all current OLPH and St. Jude middle school students on Saturday, October 27th from 7-10 in the gym. Cost is $10 with refreshments also sold. Costumes (school-appropriate) are encouraged! It'll be spook-tacular!
9. Halloween Costumes - Halloween is coming up and we would like to invite the students to dress up in their costumes on Wednesday, October 31st. The teachers in each grade will let you know if there are any specifications to follow.
· Coach Lindsay will be having Open Gym time for 4th thru 8th grade boys on Saturday Oct 20th, from 11am to 1pm. Come and sharpen your skills prior to the upcoming Basketball season.
· Interested swimmers for NDHS Swim Team need to:
1). email Coach Tillman no later than Oct 19th at email@example.com to let her know they are interested. They must be an active member of a swim club (McCallie-GPS Aquatics. Baylor swimming, Ooltewah Swim club, or Carpet Capital.....does not matter, but only year round swimmers will be allowed to participate.
2). All forms attached to previous email and available in the School Office. They must be returned to her, along with a copy of the swimmer's sports physical and a check for $50 made payable to Notre Dame Swim Team.
3).The forms, copy of sports physical and payment can be given to Coach Tillman at the first meet.
· Tuesday, October 23--Elem Soccer Game--OLPH @ Brainerd Baptist--4:00 P.M.
· Tuesday, October 23--MS Soccer Game--OLPH @ Boyd--5:30 P.M.
· Wednesday, October 24--.Elem Soccer Game--OLPH @ SJS--3:30 P.M.
· Thursday, October 24--Elem Soccer Game--Boyd @ OLPH--4:00 P.M.
· Thursday, October 25--MS Soccer Game Silverdale @ OLPH--5:15 P.M.