OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
May 7 - May 11, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of May, Responsibility - Being reliable in your duties and accountable for your actions
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, May 7--Ham, roll, macaroni and cheese, mixed vegetables, oranges, milk
· Tuesday, May 8--Chicken nuggets, roll, mashed potato, green beans, fruit, milk
· Wednesday, May 9--No lunch--field day
· Thursday, May 10--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, tomato, pickles, cheese, milk
· Friday, May 11--Cheese quesadilla, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Saturday, May 5--Middle School Dance
· Monday, May 7--Middle School Transition Meeting--PLC--5:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, May 8--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Wednesday, May 9--Field Day--PreK - 5th Grade--Lip Sync Program--Gym--1:30 P.M.
· Friday, May 11--BVM Awards after 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Friday, May 11--May Crowning--After 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Friday, May 11--House Olympics--6th - 8th Grade
· Saturday, May 12--End of the Year Pack Meeting--Nature's Place
SCHOOL NEWS: Yearbook Orders, PDA's for Yearbooks, St. Jude PE Camps, Kindergarten Camp, Beta Club and Summer Camp
1. Yearbook Orders - It is yearbook time again. Remember to order your yearbook online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM. Our yearbook ID Code is 8077418. Yearbooks cost $34.00 and the order deadline is May 18th. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Yearbook PDA's - Yearbook PDA's are a great way to remember the good times and the memories of this school year. We have forms available at the front office to purchase a PDA. PDA's are $100.00 for a full page, $50.00 for an half page and $25.00 for a quarter of a page. Please send in the form, picture and text to the office by May 18th. By purchasing a PDA, you help keep the cost of the yearbook down.
3. St. Jude PE Camps - St. Jude will be hosting PE Camps for Rising K-4th, June 25-29 and Rising 5th-8th, July 9-13. To register call or text names to Mr. Hill 423-704-9402 or email Coach Hill email@example.com.
4. Kindergarten Camp - STEPPING UP TO KINDERGARTEN CAMP COMING SOON…JUNE 4th – JUNE 8th. Rising Kindergarten Students. COST: $85.00 (Make checks payable to OLPH Kindergarten.) DUE DATE: Monday, May 14, 2018 TIME: 9:00 A.M - 12:00 P.M. PLACE: OLPH Kindergarten Classroom. DIRECTORS: Karen Carden and Sharell Douglas, Kindergarten teachers at OLPH School. Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Get a head start with "Stepping-Up" camp. This camp will provide many hands-on classroom experiences as an introduction to the kindergarten environment. Children will enjoy activities with crafts, language arts, math, religion, science, social studies, art, and music. They will have recess and a snack too. It is a great way to make new friends and build excitement about the upcoming school year. WOW! Who could imagine that school could be this much fun!!! Forms are available in the school and church offices or call 423-622-1481.
5. Beta Club - The National Beta Club is the largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization in America. For more than 80 years, it has prepared today's students to be tomorrow's leaders. We would like to announce and welcome our new members to the OLPH Junior Beta Club: Samantha Brown, Anna Catherine Critchfield, Jack Gribben, Carrigan Hudson, Molly Lawson, Chase Lundberg, Olivia Mroz, Paola Palacios, Sam Smith, Tori Soutuyo, Melina Stafford, and Garrett Sullivan.
6. Summer Camp - TenneSEA is a nonprofit in Chattanooga dedicated to empowering students to lead their communities to protect and restore our local environment by focusing on the quality of our watersheds. Our goal is education leading to positive action for our water. What better way to get students interested in water than playing in it? We are providing Summer Camps during June and July to get kids outside and learning while having a blast! Throughout the week, the kids will get to go hiking, play in the creeks, and so much more! Our staff encourages free play, creativity, active engagement, team building, and of course having a ton of fun in the water! When you enroll with us, you will be helping your child create memories that will last a lifetime and learning that will inspire them!
June 11-15: Audubon Acres
June 18-22: Greenway Farms
June 25-29: Signal Mountain (MACC)
July 9-13: Greenway Farms
July 16-20: Signal Mountain (MACC)
Time: 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
(After care is available upon request for an additional fee.)
Grades: 3 - 8
Cost: $200 for the week
Link for registering: http://www.caribbean-sea.org/summer-camps-2018/
· Field Day, Wednesday May 9th!!! PreK thru 5th grade will enjoy a day of interesting and exciting races and activities. Come prepared for lots of fun in the sun and maybe a little wet stuff as well! In addition to the Hamburger and Hot Dog lunch we will be selling candy and treats for kids to purchase as a special dessert. If you are interested please send some extra money for after field day treats. Proceeds benefit the OLPH Booster Fund!
· Sports Banquet will be on May 8th. Please see attachment for more information..
· NDHS will be hosting several summer camps, check out this link for more information. https://camperregsecure.com/NotreDameHighSchool/
· Tuesday, May 8--Sports Banquet--Gym--6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
· Saturday, May 12--ChampionshipTrack Meet