OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
May 14 - May 18, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue for the Month of May, Responsibility - Being reliable in your duties and accountable for your actions
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts by his Spirit living in us, alleluia." Romans 5:5; 8:11.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, May 14--Hot dog, baked beans, cole slaw, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, May 15--Ravioli, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, May 16--Cheese pizza, salad, corn, pineapple, milk
· Thursday, May 17--Hamburger, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, cheese, tomato, milk
· Friday, May 18--Turkey sandwich, chips, cookie, fruit, jello, milk
· Saturday, May 12--End of the Year Pack Meeting--Nature's Place
· Monday, May 14--8th Grade Etiquette Brunch--10:30 A.M.- 1:30 P.M.--PLC
· Monday, May 14--8th Grade Awards--1:30 P.M.--PLC
· Tuesday, May 15--Prayer Breakfast--7:30 A.M.
· Tuesday, May 15--Girl Scout Bridging Ceremony--6:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, May 16--8th Grade Celebration--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, May 17--Kindergarten Celebration--6:00 P.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Volunteer Reception, Yearbook Orders, PDA's for Yearbooks, St. Jude PE Camps, Kindergarten Camp, 8th Grade Etiquette Brunch and Awards and B.V.M. Awards
1. Volunteer Reception - If you have volunteered in ANY way this year for any Home and School event, as a chaperone, classroom helper, coach or anything that helps our school in any way, you are invited to attend a reception honoring our volunteers. Join us on Tuesday, May 22, in the PLC between 6 and 7:30 PM for snacks and adult beverages. Please Respond to let us know if you are coming at http://evite.me/Wbq2B9Mba2. PLEASE DO NOT bring your students to this event. According to Diocesan policy, children cannot be present when alcohol is being served.
2. Yearbook Orders - It is yearbook time again. Remember to order your yearbook online at YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM. Our yearbook ID Code is 8077418. Yearbooks cost $34.00 and the order deadline is May 18th. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Yearbook PDA's - Yearbook PDA's are a great way to remember the good times and the memories of this school year. We have forms available at the front office to purchase a PDA. PDA's are $100.00 for a full page, $50.00 for an half page and $25.00 for a quarter of a page. Please send in the form, picture and text to the office by May 18th. By purchasing a PDA, you help keep the cost of the yearbook down.
4. St. Jude PE Camps - St. Jude will be hosting PE Camps for Rising K-4th, June 25-29 and Rising 5th-8th, July 9-13. To register call or text names to Mr. Hill 423-704-9402 or email Coach Hill email@example.com.
5. Kindergarten Camp - STEPPING UP TO KINDERGARTEN CAMP COMING SOON…JUNE 4th – JUNE 8th. Rising Kindergarten Students. COST: $85.00 (Make checks payable to OLPH Kindergarten.) DUE DATE: Monday, May 14, 2018 TIME: 9:00 A.M - 12:00 P.M. PLACE: OLPH Kindergarten Classroom. DIRECTORS: Karen Carden and Sharell Douglas, Kindergarten teachers at OLPH School. Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Get a head start with "Stepping-Up" camp. This camp will provide many hands-on classroom experiences as an introduction to the kindergarten environment. Children will enjoy activities with crafts, language arts, math, religion, science, social studies, art, and music. They will have recess and a snack too. It is a great way to make new friends and build excitement about the upcoming school year. WOW! Who could imagine that school could be this much fun!!! Forms are available in the school and church offices or call 423-622-1481
6. 8th Grade Etiquette Brunch and Awards - Monday, May 14th Students need to be at school at 8:00 for Mass followed by graduation practice. At 10:30, students will go to the PLC for the Etiquette Luncheon until 1:30. The etiquette luncheon costs $25/student. If you have not paid, please send in cash or a check made out to OLPH (memo: Etiquette Luncheon). At 1:30 we will have Academic Awards. Parents are invited to the awards at 1:30. They should last no longer than an hour. After the awards, students are dismissed to go home. If a student needs to stay until normal dismissal, that is fine. The dress for Monday is as stated in the end of the year letter sent in April. Dress Code (must follow out-of-uniform guidelines). Girls - church/school appropriate dresses or skirt/dress shirt and shoes/sandals that have a heel no higher than two inches and have a strap around the ankle. No flip flops are permitted. No jeans! Boys - button up shirt with a tie, dress pants, and dress shoes. Suit jacket is optional. No flip flops or sandals are permitted for this occasion. No jeans! Tuesday, May 15th, No school for 8th Grade! Wednesday, May 16th 8th grade liturgy celebration 6 pm. NO SCHOOL FOR 8th GRADE TODAY!!!! Class picture students need to be in Mrs. Thomas's or Mrs. Cummings's classroom by 5:15 PM for their class picture. They should be dressed in the same style as the etiquette luncheon. We will have their graduation gowns in the classrooms. The liturgy begins at 6:00 PM. Graduation gowns must be returned to the school immediately after Mass. There will be no formal reception provided by the school this night, but all are welcome to take pictures in the PLC after picking up grade cards. Please ensure that all payments are made (lunch, etc.) so that your child can receive his/her report card and certificate when the gown is returned and have the final transcripts sent to his/her high school.
7. B.V.M. Awards - The recipients of the Blessed Virgin Mary Awards for the 2017- 2018 school year are: Kindergarten - Madeline Beck, 1st Grade - Carter Roberts, 2nd Grade - Jake Payne, 3rd Grade - Lilly Sanchez, 4th Grade Catie Senowich, 5th Grade - Sam Brown, 6th Grade - Talli Tucker, 7th Grade - Maggie Haimelin and 8th Grade - Nicole Bravo.
NDHS will be hosting several summer camps, check out this link for more information. https://camperregsecure.com/NotreDameHighSchool/
· Football Summer Camp registration forms were sent out this week through email and we also have some available in the school office.
HELP WANTED - The cafeteria is looking for someone to work 10 hours a week to help with serving and clean-up. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Fox or Mrs. Curtiss.