OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
September 10 - September 14, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue of the Month of September: Kindness - An eagerness to put others at ease. It is a sweet and attractive temperament that shows friendly regard.
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." Romans 8:14.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, September 10--Hot dog, baked beans, cole slaw, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, September 11--Chicken noodles, roll, peas, pears and cottage cheese, milk
· Wednesday, September 12--Cheese pizza, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, September 13--Hamburger, tri tater, fruit, pickles, onions, cheese, milk
· Friday, September 14--Baked potato, broccoli w/cheese, salad, fruit, milk
· Saturday, September 8--Middle School Dance--Gym--7:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
· Monday, September 10--Virtus Training--PLC--6:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, September 12--8th Grade Camp Lookout
· Wednesday, September 12--Cub Scout Ice Cream Social--Cafeteria--6:00 P.M.
· Thursday, September 13--8th Grade Camp Lookout
· Friday, September 14--8th Grade Camp Lookout
SCHOOL NEWS: Grand Ram, Fall Festival, Yearbooks, ChessNinja, Homework Help, Makers Club, Publix and Speech and Hearing
1. Grand Ram Tricycle Race - Mark your calendars for a very fun family event at OLPH – Sat, September 22nd is our Grand Ram Tricycle Race and OLPH Fall Fest. This great community event will kick off with a fun Tricycle Race for those from PreK to adult. Pre-registration cost is only $12 and includes an event t-shirt. You must register by Sept 7th to guarantee shirt size. A registration form is attached in case you need one. We are still looking for door prizes and sponsors for event - sponsorships range from $100-$500. Please contact Kari Hudson email@example.com for details on sponsorship opportunities. Your support is appreciated! Following the race will be OLPH’s Fall Festival with fun carnival games, a petting zoo, pony rides, bounce houses and more! H&S will send out more info on this event soon.
2. Fall Festival - Come join us for a fun OLPH tradition! Following the tricycle race on 9/22/218 Home and School will be throwing what is sure to be a fun family and community event. We will have all the oldies and some new goodies this year. Please plan to join us for this wonderful event. See attached flyer for more information.
3. Yearbooks - We have 21 extra yearbooks from 2017-2018 school year. If you would like one, we will have them available at the Back to School Picnic as well as in the office. They are $34.00.
4. ChessNinja - Try the first class on Sept.10th for grades 4 - 6 at 3:15 P.M., no strings attached. All skill levels welcome. Please register at www.chessninja.org/current-classes/ or contact Thomas Lane at TL@chessninja.org with any questions.
5. Homework Help - Homework help will be in Ms. Panter's room. It will be offered to students in grades 3rd-8th on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30. The cost will be $5. Students and a contract must be signed before the student begins coming. Parents are asked to contact, firstname.lastname@example.org the day before their student plans on coming.
6. Makers Club - OLPH's Makers Club First Lego League season kicks off for 2018 this week. Any students in 4th to 8th grade interested in joining our robotics team join us Wednesday and Thursdays in September and all week long in October as we prepare for the 2018 season. The cost for 2018 is $75 per student. Snacks are provided and each team member will get a shirt. We are limited to a max of 10 students for the season. Micro Makers Lego Academy will be meeting on the second Tuesday of each month this fall. Micro Makers will meet from 3:30 until 5:30 pm. This program is targeted at prek-4 to first grade students. We will have slots for 10 kids per day. This is an edu-play activity. We will have a large number of Legos and middle school makers to help supervise the kids. The cost for this program is $15 per meeting. Profit from this will go toward equipment for the OLPH 1 TV station. To signup go here, https://goo.gl/forms/sU1Ec2nXE78efBpB3. Any Questions please email email@example.com
7. Publix Reward Card Update: Though the tags still work now, on October 1, Publix will be switching over to a phone number entry to give us credit for your purchases. To continue to participate and earn cash back for the school on every purchase, you must sign up for a Publix account at Publix.com (or sign in if you already have an account.) Then click on your name in the upper left corner and go to "My Account." Under "My Publix Partner" search by zip code (37412) to choose Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Then, each time you shop, simply enter the phone number you registered with. No more missed receipts because you don't have your key tag!
8. Speech and Hearing - The Speech and Hearing Center will conduct speech and hearing screenings for $20 on Tuesday, October 2nd at OLPH. See attached flyer.
· Soccer Registration will begin Tuesday September 4th. If your child is interested in participating in Coed Elementary (4th and 5th grade) team. MS Girls team or MS Boys team, please fill out sports registration form, attach payment and provide a current annual physical for each player. Forms are linked below. Season will begin the week of September 24th. Registration ends September 21st! No student will be allowed to participate without a complete registration!
· Monday, September 10--Cross Country Meet--4:15 P.M.
· Tuesday, September 11--Tennis Match--OLPH vs. CAMS @ Champions Club--4:30 P.M.
· Tuesday, September 11-- JV Catholic Football--OLPH vs McCallie @ McCallie--TBD