OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
September 17 - September 21, 2018 school.myolph.com
Virtue of the Month of September: Kindness - An eagerness to put others at ease. It is a sweet and attractive temperament that shows friendly regard.
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." Romans 8:14.
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest
· Monday, September 17--Sloppy joe, macaroni salad, baked beans, apples, milk
· Tuesday, September 18--Meatballs, garlic bread, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, September 19--Cheese quesadilla, corn, pineapple, salad, milk
· Thursday, September 20--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, fruit, pickles, tomato, cheese, milk
· Friday, September 21--Turkey sandwich, chips, cookie, jello, grapes, milk
· Tuesday, September 18--House Prayer Breakfast--7:30 A.M.
· Tuesday, September 18--$1.00 Out of Uniform
· Thursday, September 20--Girls Scout Meeting--3:30 P.M.
· Friday, September 21--F.O.C.U.S. Brunch for 8th Grade--after 8:15 A.M. Mass
· Friday, September 21--Bonfire--Baseball Field--7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
· Saturday, September 22--Grand Ram Tricycle Race and Fall Festival--9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
SCHOOL NEWS: Fall Festival, Yearbooks, Homework Help, Publix, Speech and Hearing, Movie Screening, Family Honor, Jammin' Jars, Tricycle Race and Girl Scouts
1. Fall Festival - Come join us for a fun OLPH tradition! Following the tricycle race on 9/22/218 Home and School will be throwing what is sure to be a fun family and community event. We will have all the oldies and some new goodies this year. Please plan to join us for this wonderful event. See attached flyer for more information.
2. Jammin' Jars - All OLPH families get busy and get your thinking caps on! "Jammin Jars" are needed for the fall festival. Pick a theme and jam your jars! They are a well-loved tradition at the fall festival. All "Jammin Jars" are due by Wednesday, September 29th. They can be turned in to your homeroom teacher or the front office. Thanks!
3. Tricycle Race - Sat, Sept 22nd - OLPH's 5th Annual Grand Ram Tricycle Race. Many thanks to those who have already turned in your registration forms - shirts will be distributed at the end of next week. There is still time to pre-register for only $12 and receive a cool event shirt which can later be used on Spirit Days every Wednesday. We welcome anyone PreK to adult! We did order extra shirts in all sizes, but they will be distributed first come first serve. A registration form is attached in case you need one or you can register/pay on OLPH's website. We will have a drawing for some great door prizes for those participating! Remember that big wheels and tricycles must have front handle bars and pedals, no Green Machine types. Adult tricycles will be available for those wanting to use them. All students who race will receive a free out of uniform pass and all middle school students will also earn 300 points for their House. Questions, please email Kari Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following the race will be OLPH’s Fall Festival with fun carnival games, a petting zoo, pony rides, bounce houses and more!
4. Homework Help - Homework help will be in Ms. Panter's room. It will be offered to students in grades 3rd-8th on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30. The cost will be $5. Students and a contract must be signed before the student begins coming. Parents are asked to contact, email@example.com the day before their student plans on coming.
5. Publix Reward Card Update: Though the tags still work now, on October 1, Publix will be switching over to a phone number entry to give us credit for your purchases. To continue to participate and earn cash back for the school on every purchase, you must sign up for a Publix account at Publix.com (or sign in if you already have an account.) Then click on your name in the upper left corner and go to "My Account." Under "My Publix Partner" search by zip code (37412) to choose Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Then, each time you shop, simply enter the phone number you registered with. No more missed receipts because you don't have your key tag!
6. Speech and Hearing - The Speech and Hearing Center will conduct speech and hearing screenings for $20 on Tuesday, October 2nd at OLPH. See attached flyer.
7. Movie Screening - The Diocese of Knoxville Office of Marriage Preparation and Enrichment cordially invites you to attend a Free screening of the documentary, Sexual Revolution: 50 Years of Humanae Vitae. This documentary is an exciting and beautifully made film that examines the parallel developments of the Pill and modern Natural Family Planning. Please see the attachment for the showing times and locations.
8. Family Honor - Save the Date: Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School will be hosting a truly unique chastity program for parents and teens in 7th and 8th grade. The program is designed to bring parents and their teens together to discuss life's most important issues, with a special emphasis on chastity and God's gift of sexuality. The program is presented by Family Honor, Inc. and is called "Real Love and Real Life". It will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 8:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. Deadline for registering is Sunday, February 3, 2019. Space is limited so register online at www.familyhonor.org. There is a registration fee of $25.00 for the program, which can be paid upon checking in at the first session. This program is sponsored and provided by the Sugar and Spice group of OLPH.
9. Girl Scouts - Thurs, Sept 20th – Our OLPH Girl Scout Meeting will be held immediately following dismissal until 5pm. If your daughter (Kindergarten – 7th grade) is interested in joining our troop and you have not been able to join us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. We have a lot of fun things planned this year!
10. Yearbooks - We have 19 extra yearbooks from 2017-2018 school year. If you would like one, we will have them available at the Back to School Picnic as well as in the office. They are $34.00.
· Soccer Registration will begin Tuesday September 4th. If your child is interested in participating in Coed Elementary (4th and 5th grade) team. MS Girls team or MS Boys team, please fill out sports registration form, attach payment and provide a current annual physical for each player. Forms are linked below. Season will begin the week of September 24th. Registration ends September 21st! No student will be allowed to participate without a complete registration!
· Monday, September 17--Cross Country Meet--4:15 P.M.
· Monday, September 17--Catholic Football--OLPH @ CHS--6:00 P.M.
· Wednesday, September 19--Tennis Match--OLPH vs St. Jude @ Champions Club--3:30 P.M.
· Thursday, September 20--Catholic Football--Lookout Valley @ OLPH--5:30 P.M.
· Thursday, September 20--Tennis Match--OLPH @ CHS--4:30 P.M.